PDA

View Full Version : Problem after upgrade

Pagemaster
July 26th, 2006, 08:16 PM
We can only upload very small picture files.
If we try something around 1 meg or so we get this type of error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 800 bytes) in /hermes/web08/b2589/pow.pagemaster/htdocs/photopost/image-inc.php on line 135

If anyone has any in site we would appreciate it.

Steven
www.rcflix.com

Chuck S
July 26th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Hello respondeds to your email but raising your php memory or using Imagemagick would solve this issue. Your site should be fine though.

Pagemaster
July 26th, 2006, 11:05 PM
1.5 meg uploads ok. But 3 meg or higher and I get

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Chuck S
July 27th, 2006, 07:35 AM
You would need to modify your site's PHP settings to allow such things. The script is limited to a certain filesize by your PHP which by default is 2 Meg. You should modify the php.ini file on your site and change the settings to what you wish like the max filesize upload allowed.

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 07:49 AM
That was done with the old version. And there were no previous problems uploading file sizes until after the upgrade.

This is the file info. Please tell me if anything needs to be added or changed.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = /www/r/rcflix/htdocs/tmp

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 20M

Chuck S
July 27th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Try setting the path to mogrify in your config settings and use Imagemagick as your processor

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Chuck is there any instructions on how to do this on this site?

Chuck S
July 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Admin => Edit Config in there set the path to mogrify on your server you may need to ask your host.

It is going to be either of these on powweb

/usr/local/bin/mogrify
/usr/bin/mogrify

SAVE

In Admin => Global Options scan down and select your image processor from the dropdown set to ImageMagick

SAVE

Thats it try an upload

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the step by step instructions.

It was set to /usr/bin/mogrify so I tried the other and it still will not work.

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 11:58 AM
What next ?

Chuck S
July 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Ask your host where mogrify is on there server.

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Ok, I'm told its here

/usr/local/bin/mogrify

I set it to that and still have the problem.

Whats next?

Chuck S
July 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Did you set the processor to Imagemagick?

According to this you should be able to upload a 5meg file

http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/phpinfo.php

Now the only way I see you getting the error of page not found is if your using GD2 and PHP is crapping out

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Did you set the processor to Imagemagick?
Yes

According to this you should be able to upload a 5meg file

http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/phpinfo.php

Now the only way I see you getting the error of page not found is if your using GD2 and PHP is crapping out

I'm not sure why this would start happening after the update. Can you please look into this? These problems where not present before the update.

This is a 7meg upload that was done by a user in april 2006
http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1516&cat=500&ppuser=58&sortby=s&sorttime=9999&way=asc

Chuck S
July 27th, 2006, 07:45 PM
The upgrade should not affect this at all since this is server related

I was never given a login to your admin so I cant see how you have things set or try an upload myself

I registered a normal account but you need to allow mp3 so I can test uploading a big file

Pagemaster
July 27th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I just sent you an admin account by email

Pagemaster
July 28th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Ok, now I'm getting this error?

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/local/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 50 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/home/users/web/b2589/pow.pagemaster/htdocs/photopost/data/500/thumbs/KIF_3414.JPG'

Pagemaster
July 28th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Seems that powweb has changed their php settings.
After 60 seconds of an upload the server shuts it down.

Click here for info.
http://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=66886

Photopost should contact powweb to try to help resolve this. Photopost has sent many customers to them. Photopost software is now useless on the powweb servers.

Chuck S
July 29th, 2006, 07:45 AM
We are not responsible for any webhost's policies or how they configure their servers. Our software runs fine on there servers except for larger uploads it would seem because of the change they made recently to their servers. In fact on the majority of shared hosting accounts you do not have the ability to change the php settings over the default 2mb upload so this issue would never be seen on a shared hosting account normally since you would not be doing large uploads. You would automatically be limited to 2mb file restriction. It now appears they are doing this although in a different way restricting the input time which you can not override.

Pagemaster
July 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I never said you were responisble. Just that this needs to be worked out. If you are recommending them as a server company you should also tell people of their limitations. I for one, purchased this software and powweb server hosting for video's and pictures. For the most part videos will crash. No fault of photopost. I'm just trying to help new photopost users.

Chuck S
July 29th, 2006, 09:30 AM
We have no control over any limitations they set nor do we investigate these things. They are a cheap host that meets all the main requirements to run the application hense we recommend them as a cheap alternative to people looking for startup hosting and thats what they are. Photopost runs fine on many sites that use powweb. Anytime you want to upload video's you usually need to find a host that has VDS systems where you can configure your own restrictions/permissions since on most shared hosting you are only allowed to upload a maximum 2mb upload.

Pagemaster
July 29th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Chuck that is a poor stance to take. it would be like me selling you a boat than recommending a trailer for it. I know the trailer worked for the first 10 people that I sold boats to. But for some reason the trailer company decided to chance their design and yours doesn't fit. Being a good sales person I would look into the problem and help the customer out. Not just say its out of my control. Again I'm not putting the blame on your company. We call it going the extra mile around here. I consider this thread closed.

Chuck S
July 29th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I am sorry you think this is some kind of stance. I am simply pointing out there is nothing we can do for you. There is no extra mile to go here as we have no power to tell powweb how to configure their hosting servers.

Pagemaster
July 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I never implied you have some super power to change things. Seeing there is a link on your site, you are sending business their way. If X company was directing customers to me and that x company asked me about a problem I would surely look into it.

There are dozens of photopost users having the same issue using powweb. Going the extra mile would have been contacting powweb to see what can be done to work around this. I'm sorry you have given up so easily.