PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Page Reviews?

iphoto
July 25th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I am considering PP Review as an option for my upcoming new community web site. Few Queries

1. Does it completely integrates with IPB?
2. Is it possible to have multipage review (page break)?
3. Can we define parameters for rating? like: 1. Build Quality, 2, features etc and then have a cumulative rating for the product?

Would appreciate detailed answers

Chuck S
July 25th, 2006, 07:41 AM
1. Yes it integrates in the same manner as Photopost

2. Please explain what you mean by page break. The review system is much like Photopost with some differences like you can define unlimited additional fields to ask different things to review etc.

3. You can use the additional template provided which has 3 different ratings you can rename through the language file. You can also make new templates but if you want more than 3 ratings which are customer service priving and overall rating you would need to modify code

http://www.reeftalk.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1865/cat/38

Now you can rename customer service and pricing language strings to tailor to your needs.

Freesteyelz
July 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
With regards to #2 I think iphoto means if the post/review is long is there a code (e.g., [break]) that will split the pages into: Page 2, page 3, etc...

This option is particularly good for tutorial sytems as the posts do get fairly long.

Chuck S
July 25th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Yes well the reviews have multiple pages if one elects to do so you set in admin how many reviews to a page

iphoto
July 25th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Yes well the reviews have multiple pages if one elects to do so you set in admin how many reviews to a page

Chuck, What Freesteyelz is saying is right. If there is a review which say is of 3000 words, I would prefer it to be displayed in multiple pages. I am not refering to number of reviews/page but breaking a single review, in multiple pages.

Chuck S
July 25th, 2006, 10:30 AM
That is not a function of the software

iphoto
July 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks Chuck! I have placed an order few minutes back, hope I will get the access soon