PDA

View Full Version : Creating directories in preparation...

Ted M
July 17th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hello all,

Well, I made the plunge and purchased PhotoPost and I'm scared as all heck! LOL

I printed the Installation directions and reading them before I actually get the email allowing me to download... I have a question regarding the instructions:

Under the section where it explains that I need to create a directory on my web server for Photopost...

1. Must the directory be called "photopost" Or may I call it "gallery"?
2a. Must I also create all sub-directories (ie. images, uploads, help, data, languages, stylesheets, templates, forums) or will those all be created once I FTP the files in?
2b. Do I set all the subdirectory chmods PRIOR to FTPing the files?
3. The instructions state "Be sure to FTP all .php and .sql files into the photopost directory. All permissions for .php and .sql files should be set to chmod 644". Do I individually place coordinating files (ie. Do I place all image files in my image folder, all help files in my help folder, etc?) or will that happen automatically?

I'm sure there will be more questions...but this should start me off! *laugh* Thanks very much! :)

Sybaris
July 17th, 2006, 01:52 PM
If you are going to want to install a forum and a cms then you will need to put photopost in a subdirectory, in your root (where you get to when you open smart normal inside public_html) make a directory and call it whatever you like the name does not matter, then upload all the files there.