PDA

View Full Version : Proof?

germinus
July 11th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Forgive me for this post but I want to know before I buy, you claim that photopost can be intergrated into many different forums, yet the only forum I have seen this done in is vb, I have a phpbb2 forum and I would like to read what is involved and how hard the integration is, but no matter how hard I look I fail to see any documentation that backs your claims up!!? Now knowing me I am prolly just lookin in the wrong place but I am sure you understand that I have to ask.

Zachariah
July 11th, 2006, 08:48 AM
http://www.photopost.com/action

germinus
July 11th, 2006, 08:50 AM
After further searching I have decided I will not be buying this product as there is zero proof to back your claims up. But I will say that it still looks a great product and I can see why its so popular, so congrats on a good job well done!

germinus
July 11th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks Zach, they sure do look good....but I would still prefer to see the documentation regarding the integration :)

KW802
July 11th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks Zach, they sure do look good....but I would still prefer to see the documentation regarding the integration :)Providing documentation prior to purchase wouldn't do any good without access to the actual product.

In general, though... PP Pro acts as a stand-alone product that has the capability of talking with several forum backends (eg: phpBB, vBulletin, etc.) to use the forums users DB, skins, etcetera.

If you have a specific pre-sales question regarding the intergration feel free to ask and we'll be more than happy to find out for you but any questions that would typically fall under a post-sales support area (such as detailed information on how to intergrate the products) then they would be handled through the support forums.

Chuck S
July 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
The PHPBB integration is done on a user login level and also has the ability to integrate with the PHPBB stylesheet as well. Our sites in action section does have sites you can view to see that we clearly do integrate with phpbb2. You could register a username on one of those sites and confirm that we do indeed integrate with that forum

http://www.photopost.com/action/index.php?cat_id=8

bllkros
July 12th, 2006, 02:20 PM
It integrates very well with both simple machines, and IPB, forums.
I've usedit with IBP in the past, and now with SMF.

Michael P
July 12th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Given the wide selection of sites listed in the Sites In Action area, I would have thought you would have found that PhotoPost does indeed work with many other applications.