PDA

View Full Version : Help before I take a hammer to the gallery!

katers
July 9th, 2006, 03:10 PM
I assume this should be posted under support, but I don't have access so....

As both a guest and a logged in registered user of the gallery, users see the gallery from what looks to be about a few weeks old. And registered users are not able to post comments.

The users listed as premium users are able to view the gallery with updated pictures, comments and such and are able to post comments.

The settings for both the registered users and premium users are exactly the same with the only difference being that they have different storage and upload amounts.

Under administration it is set to yes for posting comments.

I have run the maintenance and I am not getting any errors.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,

Kathy

Sybaris
July 9th, 2006, 03:29 PM
sounds like something to do with usergroup permisions to me if you have the premium members in 2 groups registered and premium.

Chuck S
July 9th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Hello

What happens when they try posting a comment? Sounds to me like they are in a different usergroup than you think. If comment permissions is yes they will be able to post. Only if comment permission is set to no will they not be able to post. In fact they should not see a post a comment link.

katers
July 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Well I have myself as administrator and I also use another user name that is a premium. I noticed the problem the other day when I went on the site and saw that the most recent pictures posted were mine which I thought was strange. And then a person who had recently registered on the site emailed me and said they were not able to post comments.

So when I logged in under my admin or premium I say all these new pictures that had been posted. So I registered a tester name as a regular registered user and noticed that I could not see updated pictures or post comments.

I have checked and checked again and everything looks like it should be in the administration. I am the only one who has access to it and I have not even been in there for over a month.

Chuck S
July 10th, 2006, 07:40 AM
well just sounds to me like you have category permissions how you dont want them. Your going to be shown categories and photos in the recent blocks you have access to see.

Go into Admin => Edit Categories and set category permissions for viewing and posting as you wish.

katers
July 10th, 2006, 10:09 AM
That was the problem, everything was the same except the individual categories. Thank you!