PDA

View Full Version : Can I have PhotoPost Pro and vBGallery running at the same time?

sydude
July 7th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Hi. Can I do a new concurrent/parallel installation of PhotoPost Pro next to my existing vBGallery install? I'd like to make sure that it has all imported properly into PhotoPost and it's working correctly before I make the new gallery public and permanent.

Thanks!

Sy

Chuck S
July 7th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yes you can as those are two separate licenses you own and can install a copy of each.

sydude
July 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
So there are no conflicting databases, phrases, etc?

Chuck S
July 7th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Nope two completely different products

KW802
July 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM
So there are no conflicting databases, phrases, etc?As Chuck said, no. The reason being is that PhotoPost Pro will pull information from vBulletin, such as the users and templates, etc. but it does not create new vBulletin phrases and the such. That's how it is able to be intergrated with virtually any forum software. vBGallery, on the other hand, is a vBulletin only product and intergrates directly into it so it adds phrases, templates, etc. to your vBulletin installation.

In short, as long as you keep your PP Pro stuff in one folder and your PP vBGallery stuff in a different folder you'll be fine.