PDA

View Full Version : RSS feed, subforums listing, etc.

Gaurangapada.org
July 7th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Greetings. I am thinking of buying PhotoPost. But I have the following questions:

(1) The most imp feature I need is a RSS feed for approved photos. I checked the rss feed mod with rss.php. I wanted 3 features in the RSS feed:

(a) To increase the number of photos shown in the rss feed by changing the default from 50 to 100?

(b) I will need also to change the size of the photos to be bigger (medium) not thumbnails in the rss feed? Is it possible to change the size in the rss.php?

(c) I want the rss feed for the full-text of all the approved comments also in the same photos rss feed or a separate feed if possible.

(d) I also want the newly added media files (like wmv, flv, mp3..) not only the photos and their comments to show up in the rss feed. Does this work presently?

The RSS feed with the above features is a critical requirement for me and without it I will not be able to buy Photopost.

(2) Can I edit the the photo titles, descriptions and comments before approving them?

(3) I wanted the PhotoPost Subforums or Subcategories to show in the small compact way in one line like they show up below the main Category in the vBulletin home page not separately one below the other. I saw almost all the demo sites for PhotoPost but could not see this layout on the home page.

(4) Will my users be able to upload flv video files? Is there an option to auto-embed a multimedia player for the uploaded flv, wmv and mp3 files so that the gallery viewers can view the video directly on the PhotoPost page itself. I think this is quite an important feature for multimedia files.

(5) If I keep the option on for the users to create new Categories or Galleries, I want an option to be able to approve these newly created Categories or Galleries before they are seen. Is this possible?

(6) Can I upload multiple images with different titles, descriptions and categories etc. at one time like it is possible via juploadr for flickr.com?

Awaiting your response so that I can make a decision,

kisii
July 11th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I would really like to know if its possible to embed .flv or .nsv files as well.

Chuck S
July 11th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Hello

Is this not the same very thread we answered via our email support forum for you? These are the same exact questions that I show answered?

kisii
July 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM
chuck,
If you are talking to me , I have neverasked questions about this issue. If you did addressed this question with guandarapada via email, do you mind sharing the same info here because iwoud love to use thos .flv and .nsv files on the PP gallery.
Thanks.

Chuck S
July 11th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Hello yes these very questions where asked and answered on our helpdesk via the email you sent on Friday July 7th and you replied twice to that very thread.

kisii
July 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Chuck,
I think you have me mistaken with someone else. I have not inquired about this before. Please check your sources.

Chuck S
July 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I am talking to the guy who posted this thread

You can ask in the mod forums how to embed those multimedia types ;)