PDA

View Full Version : UBB Integration for upcomming Threads7

Zarzal
June 20th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Hi,

UBB threads V7 going beta in the next days. Maybe a release this Year :p

Will be an additional threads integration for V7 available? Please do not change the existing Threads integration vor V6.5x.

The V6 integration only need an adjustment in the stylesheet names wich are changed in 6.4. PP use now some old threads definations that no longer exists in actual version. Maybe no one notice this because you have the old css entrys too in your stylesheets.

Michael P
June 20th, 2006, 07:36 AM
I switched away from .threads a while back after being a faithful user/developer for a long time (threads was the first integration I wrote for PhotoPost back when it only supported vB and itself).

I don't have a current license; but if you'd like to help, I'm sure we could get it updated for you.

If you could post the changed stylenames for users that would be very helpful.

Zarzal
June 20th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I try to discover it, but I delte my old threads archives. the change must be before V6.5. I have all 6.5.x archives and cannot find the differences right now. The only thing: welcome was removed and only used in the installer of threads. I replace welcome with forumdescript.
While I compare my files I see that I replace onbody with forumdescript too. I go deeper in my archives and try to find it.
I must do a search here too. As I remeber I post the differences here long time ago with no answer :)

If I run Threads7beta I can take a closer look and we will see, what we can do with an integration.

Zarzal
June 20th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Existing in Threads up to V6.4.4 and removed in V6.5.x:
.alternatetable
.new
.onbody (but semms to be still used in some thread files *lol*)
.welcome

new in threads V6.5.x:
.adminname
.modname

Chuck S
June 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Does the integration work with the new threads still fine?

If so we can easily tweak the stylesheet name changes

Zarzal
June 27th, 2006, 03:09 PM
up to ubb 6.5.5 I have no bigger problem.

We wait for the beta release 7. I m not a registered beta tester and so I have to wait. The beta should start one week ago but they found that no documentation was ready so back to draw. Maybe one or two weeks.

I fear that the integration doesn't work. The whole system of templates and styles was changed as I read but we will see. I would ask the registered beta tester if they run PP. We will see ....

Zarzal
July 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM
The beta is up now and I begin to test. In the next day I try to setup a test with Threads7 and PP. For the first time I have the code for the featured Photos Pal box on the portal ready. It base on the old code and need only small modifications. I run the pal against my public PP witch is integrated in ubb v6.5 now. It works very well. I can post the code here or send it as pm.

Next thing will be done later this week. I will do a report.

Chuck S
July 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM
The only differences reported are style class changes so I dont think this would be a hard one to update

Zarzal
July 24th, 2006, 03:21 PM
No No, the stylesheet changes was made inside V6.x. V7 is in stylesheets total different, but easy to handle.

I start to review photopost/forums/threads.php
I see that you select from w3t_users the following fields:

$username[0] = $results['U_Number']; // userid
$username[1] = $results['U_Username']; // username
$username[2] = $results['U_Email']; // email
$username[3] = $results['U_Password']; // password
$username[4] = $results['U_TempPass']; // temppassword
$username[5] = $results['U_Groups']; // groups
$username[6] = $results['U_TimeOffset']; // timeoffset
$username[7] = $results['U_SessionId']; // session id
$username[8] = $results['U_StyleSheet']; // stylesheet

In Threads7 we have in the ubbt_USERS table the following entries

USER_LOGIN_NAME varchar(64)
USER_DISPLAY_NAME varchar(64)
USER_PASSWORD varchar(32)
USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL varchar(15)
USER_REGISTRATION_EMAIL varchar(50)
USER_REGISTRATION_IP varchar(15)
USER_SESSION_ID varchar(64)
USER_IS_APPROVED varchar(8)
USER_REGISTERED_ON int(11)
USER_IS_BANNED int(1)
USER_IS_UNDERAGE int(1)

The UBB V6 user table is now split in (It use the prefix ubbt_ as default and need to be changed in threads.php on top):

ubbt_USERS
ubbt_USER_DATA
ubbt_USER_GROUPS
ubbt_USER_NOTES
ubbt_USER_PROFILE
ubbt_USER_TITLES

So all needet data for the integration must be pulled from different tables. The stylesheet modification is easy to do, its simple, but the different database layout makes me nervous.

Zarzal
July 24th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Now here we go a little bit closer. I review the tables and worked out the differences:
$username[0] = $results['USER_ID']; // userid (ubb7)
$username[1] = $results['USER_LOGIN_NAME']; // username (ubb7)
$username[2] = $results['USER_REGISTRATION_EMAIL']; // email (ubb7)
$username[3] = $results['USER_PASSWORD']; // password (ubb7)
$username[4] = $results['U_TempPass']; // temppassword, in UBB7 it is the field USER_TEMPORARY_PASSWORD in table ubbt_USER_PROFILE
$username[5] = $results['U_Groups']; // groups, in UBB7 it is diffentent, see below
$username[6] = $results['U_TimeOffset']; // timeoffset, in UBB7 it is the field USER_TIME_OFFSET in table ubbt_USER_PROFILE
$username[7] = $results['USER_SESSION_ID']; // session id (ubb7)
$username[8] = $results['U_StyleSheet']; // stylesheet, in UBB7 it is the field USER_STYLE in table ubbt_USER_PROFILE

The U_Groups field doesnt exists any more. There is a new table called ubbt_USER_GROUPS. It has only two columns. The first column is USER_ID and the second column is GROUP_ID. Every row contains the ID of the user and only one group ID. If the user belongs to more then one group there is a next row with the same UserID and the next Group_id he belongs to. In UBB6 we have only one field witch contains all group_id like 1-3-5-6.

Thats the main changes. As I scroll through the script I see lots of queries that all need to be changed.

Chuck S
July 24th, 2006, 08:38 PM
well most likely we would need to write a whole new integration

pasapasa
July 25th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Will the new integration be provided for free or will there be a charge? I know you guys have many projects but will it be a high priority?

Chuck S
July 25th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well first we need to work on getting a copy of UBB7 before we can say anything more on support for UBB 7

pasapasa
August 15th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Were you able to get a copy of UBB7? Any progress on this project.

Chuck S
August 15th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I would have to talk with Michael on whether we have obtained a copy of UBBThreads 7. I know I dont have one and until we get such software we would currently support the UBB 6.x series

Chuck S
September 13th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Here is a preview of the UBBTHREADS 7 Intergration I knocked out yesterday. everything appears to be fine. Can not give a precise release date but we should be able to support it when the product goes gold.

http://www.omegatron.net/photos/

http://www.omegatron.net/threads/

StanJensen
October 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I Believe the final version is coming out today....

Chuck S
October 5th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Yep and Version 7 integration is contained within version 5.5

Mors
October 5th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I just finished my installation of Photopost and my UBBThreads 7 website.. It seemed to work great. In playing with the PP settings I did manage to completely blow up the installation by selecting somewhere show debug code. Dropped it to it's knees and I had to start over from the beginning.. I couldn't get it out of the fatal error mode.

Other then that it's using the user system and group settings of the UBBthreads 7 system. Also it does use the stylesheets nicely. Very good representation of colors used by the site.

I just now need to be more familiar with Photopost and setup to maximize presentation and use.

Chuck S
October 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah I would suspect you changed something other than debug setting in global options as that would not break anything

pasapasa
October 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Is ReviewPost and PhotoPost Classifieds also integrated with Threads7?

Chuck S
October 6th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Photopost 5.5 Reviewpost 3.2 and Classifieds 2.6 beta 1 are yes

Mors
October 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM
UBBThreads has an awesome portal with it. You should take some time and build a few Pals as you call them for the Custom Islands in UBBthreads 7.0. It would make an awesome presentation for your products and bring tremendous value to the solution.

You can reuse and format your php code to be easily cut n pasted into the content islands.

Chuck S
October 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
There are many modifications you can check out in the mod corner which is below the support forums

Zarzal
October 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
The threads7 integration work very well, thank you!

Any chance to see an update of the pppanel.php (maybe on threaddev.com)? This is the last thing I miss.

Chuck S
October 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Don't think there are any changes to the photopost side of things for that threads mod as I beleive it was already photopost series 5 compatible. You should be able to retro it for ubbthreads 7 or one of the active code hackers there should. None of us around here run UBBThreads anymore so we dont really contribute to the mod forums there. We all jumped ship to vbulletin.

Zarzal
October 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Its OK and I can understand it. I need only to fix one more problem and I m not sure where to post my question. The problem is the migration from threads 6.5.5 to 7.0
This need a databaseimport and on this the userid's inside threads changes. This cause trouble in Photopost and break the relation between username and userid because the name is tthe old one and the id is new.

What I need a phpmyadmin query or a script to fix this. This should run over the pp database, grab the name, compare the name to ubb7 and get the new userid from ubb7 and final update the userid in pp.

It's a pain to do this manual.

If I am completly wrong in this thread please point me to the right place.

Chuck S
October 8th, 2006, 10:04 AM
You could probally use the userfix script in our import forum for something like this.

Zarzal
October 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Chuck, you saved my day. I was unsure to used this on my threads board because it say every time VBB but it work nice. Thanks Thanks Thanks. Big problem gone. *GREAT*

Chuck S
October 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Yes all it does it use the user_info function to grab the userid based on the username and updates the photos and comments tables ;) Pretty much works for any integration

Zarzal
November 8th, 2006, 02:47 AM
The integration for the UBB.threads 7.0.1 post editor is ready. It add a thumbnail to the editor and when you click it you get a popup window where you can select your photo to be insert in your post.

You can find it here: http://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=21&Number=311899&Searchpage=1&Main=39127&Words=&topic=1&Search=true#Post311899

It is not perfect but it work. The pagination links look a little bit odd but this can be my board (I user spiderfrindly urls).