PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.6 Beta 1

Zachariah
June 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Kier

It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of vBulletin 3.6 Beta 1. vBulletin 3.6 Beta 1 is available for all licensed customers to download from the Members' Area now.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187654

Michael P
June 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Wow. Gee, so tempting, but I imagine I'll have to wait for my styles to be updated first.

Chuck S
June 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
yeah think I will wait for a gold release ;)

KW802
June 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Any before anybody asks....

No, the PP products have not yet been tested with the new beta. :p

nymyth
June 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
^^LOL

Peace

mjm
June 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
How about if we're not using vb integration?

Oblivion Knight
June 8th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Any before anybody asks....

No, the PP products have not yet been tested with the new beta. :pWill the upcoming 1.0.3 release of vBGallery be updated to comply with the subtle vBulletin 3.6.0 changes?

For example:
All templates that submit forms via POST

All have had their <form action="x.php" method="post"> replaced with <form action="x.php?do=$do&amp;itemid=$itemid" method="post"> to allow better webserver logging of POST requests.

Requires revert? No, none of these changes are required, they simply improve the verbosity of web server log entries.

KW802
June 8th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Will the upcoming 1.0.3 release of vBGallery be updated to comply with the subtle vBulletin 3.6.0 changes? ...O K,

Since the beta just hit the streets there is no formal plan of attack yet but Zachariah has mentioned here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125396) that he's already looking at it in regards to vBGallery. :cool: At least for vBGallery we'll try to keep people updated in that stickied thread.

KW802
June 8th, 2006, 05:58 AM
How about if we're not using vb integration?mjm, I'll have to leave that one to Chuck & Michael to address (PP Pro isn't my forte). My guess would be that if you're running PP Pro totally independent without any vB integration then it shouldn't make a difference but if you are running any type of integration then there may be some issues because of the changes that the new vB 3.6 beta introduces.

Chuck S
June 8th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Actually to my knowledge the changes with vb3.6 should not cause any issues with the Photopost core products since we are not store our templates and such in the vb database or use there table structure which is what is causing issues with vbgallery and vbulletin integration right now. Main thing being the phrase changes.

I will be installing a beta and testing with the photopost programs but dont forsee any issue.

Zachariah
June 8th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Other than some template changes with quickreply I have most of the gallery worken ok.

- Thanks for the info Oblivion Knight :)

Worken on a XML product :)

0ptima
June 8th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Other than some template changes with quickreply I have most of the gallery worken ok.

Worken on a XML product :)

Awesome !!!

Oblivion Knight
June 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Worken on a XML product :)Great news! Looking forward to the update..

Also, I'm glad to hear you've updated this into Product form.