PDA

View Full Version : compare vBGallery and PhotoPost

denby
June 3rd, 2006, 05:41 AM
I've searched for a list of features for vBGallery and all I've found is the list in a post at http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125056 (Is that a complete list of it's features?), and the short blurb at http://www.vbadvanced.com/.

Is there some consolidated info somewhere that says what vBGallery can't do compared to PhotoPost?

MortysTW
June 3rd, 2006, 08:48 AM
vBGallery is PhotoPost and vice versa.

There was some legal battle between the two and PhotoPost won. And now they have taken ownership of vBGallery.

vBGallery no longer exists as it has become/blended/transformed/joined whatever you want to call it, but PhotoPost IS vbGallery.

So to sum it up, there is nothing to compare them to since they are now the same thing. But as I had experienced, when researching, they appear to be different scripts. Which they were at one time. But now they are 1.

Chuck S
June 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Hello

Let's clear up the blatent misconceptions posted above. Photopost has been in existence for many many years and started out as a perl application and is a proven application. Photopost acquired the rights to vBGallery and not much more to say there. Photopost is in no way shape or form vbGallery since vbGallery was not even an idea until years after Photopost was around. vbGallery is only two years old. They are totally separate applications and will remain so.

There are threads around here outlining the differences. The main differences is vbgallery is integrated with the vb admin panel whereas Photopost has its own admin panel and as far as features vbgallery only has about half the features of Photopost. You can compare the feature set of vb you have seen and then this here and this list is not complete on Photopost but it will give you a starting point of comparison.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109343

Morty I would have thought after all this time the hateful posting would have stopped. Please when posting make sure to post factual information.

sean747
June 3rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
well take it as Photopost is a gallery with more features and options, and vbgallery is like a lite version. Vbgallery was mainly made to be integrated with vbulletin and it's template system, where as photopost can be installed a lone and can be integrated to other forums such as phpbb.

MortysTW
June 3rd, 2006, 04:07 PM
I wasn't tossing it out as being hateful. PhotoPost is far supreme. From what I thought I read and apparently misunderstood, is that vBGallery no longer existed since that legal battle since PhotoPost gained control/ownership of it, whatever.

Again, wasn't trying to toss it out as hateful. I wouldn't be paying for PhotoPost if I didn't like it. I was attempting to clear up the users confusion that I had when I was looking around back in the day for various gallery software and read a few months ago in regards to vbGallery.

My bad. Sorry.

Chuck S
June 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Morty yeah your post came across as a bit harse because you where reading I guess someone's hateful posts and taking them as the true facts I guess. I am glad you do not think the way it came across ;) This statement here would confuse alot of people hense I had to post the facts concerning the products to keep this thread on target.

vBGallery no longer exists as it has become/blended/transformed/joined whatever you want to call it, but PhotoPost IS vbGallery.

vBGallery is very much for sale and yes Sean posted it perfect a lite version of a gallery software.