PDA

View Full Version : Need some help after switching to VBulletin


Mr Gixxer
April 6th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I posted this on their site and they said "go ask here..."

I just realised tonite that all the member numbers are wrong compared to what they used to be

We recently moved from UBBThreads and the import worked great! We moved over 55,000 members and over 1 million posts

Now to get all the other apps to work well

It seems that UBB likes to reserve UID #1 for the install, anyways now our admin was user number 4 (forget when it started, could be as far back as when we ran classic?)

So duh of course now there will be a problem with PhotoPost, Reviewpost, and PhotoClassifieds that we run since they are pointing to incorrect user numbers now

Do you think there might be a chance to run some sql to increment by 2 or 3 or whatever it takes so that what Photopost thinks is number 4 is actually member number 1 ?

Then I pray that they are all just shifted by that amount


edit: I just checked and the offset is random :eek:

guess I am screwed?

Chuck S
April 6th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Well how about this cause the userid do change on import from threads to vbulletin

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115240

Mr Gixxer
April 6th, 2006, 12:12 PM
script times out after a long while , no errors on screen

large gallery with 55,000 members, do I need to adjust a setting in that script?

thanks

Chuck S
April 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Maybe raise the ini_set for memory limit in the script?

Mr Gixxer
April 7th, 2006, 12:31 AM
hey you changed the zip file!

so any chance you can change it for Classifieds as well :)

still don't have my gallery fixed yet, keeps timing out

Chuck S
April 7th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Well Yes I updated the one I posted for Photopost which should help if you where having timeout errors with the old one.

Now since these little correction scripts are outside normal program operation parameters meaning switching integrations is not something we support because of the ramifications as you have found out. Always up to the enduser to accept any issues they face if they do something the software is not designed to do.

I can look into writing a similar script for Classifieds but it would take me a few days.

Chuck S
April 7th, 2006, 07:02 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1155532#post1155532

Mr Gixxer
April 7th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Your Classifieds script seems to run fine, then I do a resync ad/comments usernames/update comments counts.

But the names are still wrong?

It seems to be doing something, when observing process I see such info "UPDATE pp_comments SET username = 'blah blah blah WHERE userid = 41557 "

Mr Gixxer
April 7th, 2006, 12:30 PM
oh and thanks for cranking out the new scripts in record time!

Chuck S
April 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
You can not use the resync usernames in your situation cause remember you don't want to update the usernames based on userid you want to do the opposite update the userid's based on username which is what the scripts I provided do.

If you already ran the resync thing your in for a world of hurt. You need to restore a backup of the products table and redo the upgrade and then run the script I provided not the resync tool in admin

Mr Gixxer
April 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
thanks for your help but I gave up on it

started from scratch :)