PDA

View Full Version : Copyright Question

paulfletcher
March 22nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hello, just got Photopost for our video tutorial website... Finall working for us.

My question is, our site looks a little choppy because we have the Photopost copyright, then we have the login / contact us buttons (VB3 integration), and then we have the other copyright information. Is it possible to stick the Photopost copyright down in the other copyright section? This will make the site look better.

While still displaying the copyright code, because we don't have the branding free option yet.

Thanks,
Paul

B=0

Michael P
March 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
Yes, you can move the copyright as long as it is visible on every page.

paulfletcher
March 22nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Awesome!

Thanks,
Paul

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 07:17 AM
Where can I find Photopost's Copyright file?

Thanks,
Paul

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
You can find it in the pp-inc.php file function printfooter

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks!

P.S. Do you know where I can find instructions on how to install ImageMagic, I think that is why we are having troubles with our thumbnails.

Thanks,
Paul

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 07:59 AM
http://www.photopost.com/howtoinstall-php.html

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Not to sound stupid or anything :-)... But where do I locate the copyright information inside of that file?

Thanks,
Paul

My hopes is to move it to the vBulletin copyright area, (It will be visible on every page, but the page won't look so cluttered).

vBulletin's copyright information is

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

& Yours is

Powered by: PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced
Copyright 2005 All Enthusiast, Inc.

I'm talking with vBulletin, but can I just edit the file to look like this...

Powered by
vBulletin Copyright 2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced Copyright 2005 All Enthusiast, Inc.

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
There copyright is in the footer template of vb

You can place the html with link to Photopost as you have it above in that respective template

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks!

How come when I'm uploading a file via the Upload Photo forum, it keeps giving me this error? (was working last night)

Warning: copy(/homepages/9/d89699556/htdocs/xyztraining_com/tutorials//data/507/imovieoverview.mov): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tutorials/bulkupload.php on line 169

I'm noticing there is two "//" in there, would that be causing the problem? And if so, how can I correct it?

Also, does ImageMagic, or GD have to be installed for uploading of pictures to work on the forum?

Thanks,
Paul

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Does your data path have an extra / on the end? Also is the url correct your second path statement is short?

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
The data section does have an extra "/" after it although every time I try to take out the slash and save the file, it always adds it back.... Whats going on?

What is the second url you are talking about?

Thanks,
Paul

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
If you correct the second slash in global options go to storage options and revert the path to pick up the change

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
I removed the slash on the storage area (data directory), and I also made sure there was no slash after the data directory on the URL.

It's working! Thanks.

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Inside pp-inc.php If I search for printfooter... I see

function printfooter( $headers = "yes" )

Do I want to change this to "No"

to remove the copyright informaiton, once its removed I'll type your copyright / link in to the vBulletin footer.

Thanks,
Paul

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
No you dont do that. You can comment out the print line for the copyright once you make the edit in vb footer template to show it there

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Okay, I've added the copyright information to the page... And the link

http://www.xyztraining.com/index.php

Go ahead and check it out... I'll wait for your approval, can you give me some details on how to remove your copyright now that it has been moved.

Thanks,
Paul

Chuck S
March 23rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
That looks fine. I noted above how to remove the copyright in photopost.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1153511&postcount=16

paulfletcher
March 23rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Sounds good. Thats working now.