PDA

View Full Version : Changing bulletin boards

pharry
March 13th, 2006, 09:44 AM
We currently use phpBB, but I'm considering changing to Invision Board. Right now our gallery is integrated with our boards. If I replace phpBB with Invision Board, will we still have the integration? I know the two work together, but I can't find anything about changing the bulletin board after photopost is up and running. Thanks!

Chuck S
March 13th, 2006, 09:55 AM
There are many threads here on this subject if you search for switch integration.

There are several steps needed to realign PhotoPost outlined in those threads.

Your biggest issue is going to be the fact there is no script written to realign the userid's that change when you import phpbb to the new forum. Vbulletin cleans up and renumbers userid's on import so I am going to assume Invisionboard does the same thing. There is an script in the import forum of Photopost to realign the userid's when switching to vbulletin so you would probally need to alter that to work with invisionboard.

pharry
March 13th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Chuck, is this a service I could pay photopost to do for me following the conversion?

Chuck S
March 13th, 2006, 10:38 AM
What to redo photopost to integrate with invisionboard and realign the userid's via some custom script?

pharry
March 13th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Yes. Once the bulletin board is converted, do whatever needs to be done to get photopost integrated with Invision and working.

Chuck S
March 13th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Just purchase an install