View Full Version : Upgrade / Export
March 1st, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'm planning to move everthing to a new site in the near future. My existing site is quite old, and has been dormant for about a year. I'm planning on new installs of vb and vbgallery onto a new site, and then to import the existing user and forum data with impex.
Now ny existing gallery is vBGallery 1.0.RC3. Is there a way to export the existing gallery's and images I have, and then to import them into a new install of PhotoPost vBGallery? Or would I possibly need to upgrade the existing RC3 version and work from there?
March 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM
Good Question / Idea.
- In the past I have thought about impex type script for the gallery and the forums. That I know of there is nothing yet that does this.
Your galley has a lot of images and comments from many people ?
- The big problem is the new user ID's do not match the old Id's so the gallery images will show up on people that did not upload them.
- My gallery is mostly uploads from me w/ slim to no comments.
In my case I would upload the tables as is and upgrade the gallery.
March 1st, 2006, 09:31 PM
Not 100% sure if I follow you on the matching of the old ID's or not. I can import the existing vb user id's and posts with impex. Are you saying that VbGallery assigns its own user id as well?, so those new id's won't match then to the existing images?
I really don't have many images and comments to upload. But i'd like to try and keep them all matched to the user that posted them. If I really need too, I could repost all of the images myself.
March 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM
If the imported member's userID did not change on import your images will all be fine.
I would install the new vBgallery 1.0.2 to the new install of vBulletin.
ALL DB / FILES:
Do backups of all database and files.
- new and old
I would use phpmyadmin and export DATA only from vBGallery 1.0.RC3 in tables:
- I would then EMPTY w/ phpmyadmin the same tables listed above in your New forums/gallery database.
- Import your old gallery data to the new database.
- Make sure images paths on the webserver via FTP are the same.
Should not be a big problem.
March 27th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I've just done all this and it worked a treat, thankyou.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.