PDA

View Full Version : need someone to write php data conversion

sailnet
February 2nd, 2006, 08:19 AM
I need someone to convert data for me. I have review data in a similar format to reviewpost and I'll pay $200 for someone to write php code to convert the tables into reviewpost tables.

you should have written conversions before. The data is from a sql server database but I've converted it into mysql format and converted dates to unix timestamp format and the tables to be converted are right in the reviewpost database....

I need this done asap.

pm me if interested.

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Your just trying to do a direct read from one database and write the information to another?

That would not cost $200.00

email me and let me know the fields of this one mysql table and what those contain so we know where we are throwing info.

sailnet
February 2nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
check - I'll get it together for you. I am running out of time and need it done. I just finished the classfieds conversion and theremore data manipulation that needs to occur in the reviews and I have to work on the aesthetic portions of the site - I will be in touch later today when I get more stuff done.

sailnet
February 4th, 2006, 08:02 AM
by the way chuck - thanks to the wonders of microsoft access and odbc connectors I was able to import the data from sql server into an ms access table then make some changes and export it to a mysql table for importing and manipulation. the file structues and foreign keys were quite different not to mention sql server date/time stamps vs. unix time stamps. I was able a to write an access function to convert from sql date format to unix time stamp format while converting to data that I have forwarded to you.

thanks

sailnet
February 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM
chuck - did you get my email this time?

Chuck S
February 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
yes I did although that email seems to be on some custom thing other than this. Your name is luke right?

Chuck S
February 6th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Nevermind your Jeff and you where in my trash bin ;)

sailnet
February 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Nevermind your Jeff and you where in my trash bin ;)

so...are we set? I did my best to get the data as normalized as possible before ceating the additional tables and zipping up the db. I see you're not too far down the road from me.

:)

Chuck S
February 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Nope your about what a half hour or so from me maybe 45 mins

sailnet
February 6th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Joppatowne is about 40 minutes from me... we're down there a lot during the summer.

Chuck S
February 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM
30 minutes it is then cause I am in abingdon