View Full Version : image upload problems
February 1st, 2006, 03:13 AM
Two issues that I have come across
1) all files that are uploaded are dumped into a single folder... um... that's great when there's only a couple of files, but when it gets into the 1000s of pictures range, it gets to be a hassle. I know if you enable safe mode uploading, it puts them into folders... can this be done for all upload modes?
2) when a user uploads a file that has the same filename as another file on the site, the thing pukes .. any way to automatically rename files?
February 1st, 2006, 07:39 AM
Never ran into that problem. I'll do some testing.
February 2nd, 2006, 12:45 AM
Hum.. ok is there something i can do to test it? people are uploading files that have already been uploaded and it's puking
February 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
ok anything? This problem is getting to be annoying
February 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM
1. You have safe mode system enabled it would seem. Safe mode is what dumps all files into one directory. The regular way does not dump them into the same directory
2. Files are renamed appropriately if you upload a file the same name.
We shall see what Zach's testing reveals but on my test vbgallery the above is what I see.
February 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
1) Yes, but PHP is not running in safe mode which is the issue.
2) Well, it's not working right.
As i have said before, can i send you some login information so you guys can look at the issue?
February 7th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Well as explained Zach is looking at this so he can handle this issue I am just saying to double check your settings cause the first thing definately seems to me like you have safe mode file saving turned on in your maintenance area in admin.
February 8th, 2006, 01:16 AM
It is on b/c that's the only way the thing will work. As mentioned in the support ticket, i have tried turning it off with the end result being that one could no longer upload images. Is there some way to debug the script so we can figure out what is happening?
PHP is currently NOT running in safe mode according to phpinfo();
February 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM
send me a PM w/ forum admin and i'll poke around :D
February 10th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Ok I tweeked a few things.
- Set GD2 settings.
- Your gallery is not upto date. (update would be smart.)
February 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
hum.. doesn't quite solve the folder issue though? I thought imagemagick was recommended over gd2?
February 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM
uh... and our galleries are broken... try uploading a jpeg and it's busted...
February 10th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Alright.. changed it back to imagemagick and it seems to work.
I've sent you ssh info so you can poke around our server.
What i need you to tell me is:
a) how can we fix it so that uploading into folders works again? As mentioned, we aren't running php in safe mode... but turning off the switch in the settings breaks things.
b) How to prevent that duplicate file issue. Is it becuase we use imagemagick? Should we be switching to gd? If that will fix things, then let me know.
February 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I am running many tests locallost w/ Imagemagik and on ly live site w/ GD2.
- no problems on uploading jpgs
On your site I could upload GIF, PNG, not JPG.
- Got IM ? yell @ me.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.