PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error: how can I correct?

rabcross
January 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM
One of my gallery users is getting this message when she tries to upload a photo. None of the other users are experiencing any problems. What could be causing this?

Here is the link to my gallery: http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14400 bytes) in /usr/home/www/rabcross/createmykeepsake.com/docs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 84

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
The picture she is uploading is huge and your system can not process it. I would suggest limiting your users to certain filesizes etc

rabcross
February 2nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
actually I thought that too, but then I had her e-mail me the file and it was a 27 kb file. In addition to that we got a response from photopost help desk giving us these recommendations:

That is a PHP/GD2 error which results from gd2 using all the available memory on the PHP system

The workaround I usually post is to increase PHP memory like so or switch to imagemagick which does not use PHP memory

In pp-inc.php you can add ini_set line below the line noted

error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

ini_set("memory_limit", "48M");

Chuck Scannell
PhotoPost Support

which we changed yesterday and we are still having the problem today. Same user - she is the ONLY person unable to upload.

What else could be causing this?

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Have you checked her uploads directory under the uploads folder and cleared out all old files maybe she has a ton in there ;)

rabcross
February 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
I will try that next...if I clear it out will it delete all of her image files?

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2006, 01:52 PM
No just non processed ones. We are talking the uploads directory not data ;)

rabcross
February 2nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
I went to the uploads file and there are a bunch of subfolders with numbers. Should I delete all of those or just leave them there and empty contents within those numbered folders?

rabcross
February 2nd, 2006, 02:10 PM
I cleared the subfolders. Here directory was jammed packed with uploads.

How do images get "stuck" in these folders?

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
If she uploads an image that can not process and then she keeps uploading files and the process is stopped and all the files sit there

rabcross
February 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Great. Thanks! I have cleared out all of the subfolders that contained images. I found quite a few. I guess I will just need to check this from time to time.

I will let you know if for some reason she is still unable to upload after this "clean up"

Thanks!