PDA

View Full Version : Unrecoverable Error...crap

dropmachine
January 24th, 2006, 05:08 PM
We're sorry, but the system experienced an unrecoverable error. Please try again later.

Sucks. I wans't doing anything. Just died.

I figured it was due for an upgrade, but because i can't get into the admin section, i have no idea what version i am running.

ANy ideas?

Chuck S
January 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Hello make sure if you upgraded that you ran the upgrade script. You are getting unrecoverable error cause the fields do not exist in the tables the script is looking for.

Quite possible you forgot an update.

dropmachine
January 24th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Problem is, I don't know what version I am on, because I can't log into the admin panel, and it doens't say anywhere else. As such, I don't know which upgrade script to run.

That said, this error showed up before i updated anything. One minute it was fine, the next, buggered.

dropmachine
January 24th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I have contacted my server admin to see if they upgraded or changed either the SQL database or the version of PHP. Guess we'll see.

Chuck S
January 24th, 2006, 05:59 PM
You can delete the code in bold here in pp-inc.php to see if we can print the real error.

if ( $User['adminedit'] == 1 ) $errormsg .= "<br /><br />Script: $what<br /><br />Query: $query<br /><br />Result: $mysql_eval_error<br /><br />Database handle: $database";