View Full Version : Help! I don't know what I'm doing!
January 17th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I am switching from yahoo as my web hosting service to a new service and I need to know step by step how I back up my database so I can upload it to the new web hosting service. I need to be talked to like I know absolutely nothing otherwise I won't understand what you mean. I had the photopost techs install it for me so I really don't know what I'm doing! Can you help me?
January 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hellooo, need some help here!
January 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Hello this is a basic overview of the steps you take. You may need to seek hands on assistance from a friend who understands this stuff if you get stuck.
1. ftp all the files from the old server to the new server
2. backup your database and restore it on the new server.
3. Edit your config-inc.php file and change the server path to photopost as well as update the mysql information to that of the new server.
4. You should be able to sign into admin and then you can update the Admin => Global Options to set the correct data and uploads path for photopost
5. Set file and directory permissions per the installation instructions
January 18th, 2006, 09:25 PM
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.