PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to rename *photo.php?

Johnny Doomo
January 2nd, 2006, 11:09 PM
Is it possible to take all the files that have photo in them and either 1. take out the word photo or put in something else instead?

Would this be a simple matter of just running search and replace on that filename and replacing it with what I want and then reuploading all the files changed?

Are there any filename specifics in the actual database?

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 4th, 2006, 08:15 PM
It is possible to rename the variable although it would be mutiple file and template edits.

Johnny Doomo
January 14th, 2006, 03:37 PM
So if I had all my templates and files on my computer and just did a search and replace for all accounts of photo.php and changed it to video.php would that work and catch them all? So instead of showphoto.php it would load showvideo.php?

Do you think that would work and all the files would link to each other properly?

Chuck S
January 14th, 2006, 04:16 PM
If your just renaming showphoto.php surely yes that would work however doing a global search and replace on just photo would not cause you would break the program since there are mysql field name of photo in queries so just be careful in what you do.

Johnny Doomo
January 16th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah I figured that, that's why I would do a search and replace on photo.PHP so as to only get the filenames.