PDA

View Full Version : USERS cant mark items sold!

Basil
December 24th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I have been getting many complaints that users can't mark their items sold. I did an experiment and logged in as a regular user and uplaoded an ad. Then I tried to mark it sold and sure enough, I could not. I got an error the said I did not have permission to edit the ad (or somthing to that effect). Yet, when I re-looed in as the admin I was able to mark it SOLD.

I am using version 2.4.2 What do I need to do to aloow users to mark their own ads as SOLD?

Basil

Chuck S
December 24th, 2005, 08:21 PM
How about in usergroup permissions in admin you make sure that they have permission to edit there ads.

That should fix you up

Basil
December 30th, 2005, 01:39 AM
How about in usergroup permissions in admin you make sure that they have permission to edit there ads.

That should fix you up

Nope, they all have permissions. What is odd is if I log in as a regular member and upload an ad, I can edit it, but I can not mark it SOLD. For some reason only the admin can mark an item sold, and not the owner of the ad. Has anyone else run accross this problem? Help!

Basil

Chuck S
December 30th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Here is what I see in Classifieds 2.42 editproduct.php

if ( is_numeric($sold) ) {
$query = "SELECT userid,price,isauction FROM {$Globals['pp_db_prefix']}products WHERE id=$sold LIMIT 1";
$resulta = ppmysql_query($query,$link);

if ( $resulta ) {
list( $thisuser, $price, $isauction ) = mysql_fetch_row($resulta);
ppmysql_free_result( $resulta );

if ( $User['userid'] != $thisuser && $User['adminedit'] != 1 ) {
diewell( $Globals['pp_lang']['noperm'] );
exit;
}

Your being stopped by the code in bold. Now this would suggest whatever user who is trying to mark something sold is not the user who posted the ad.

Please post a url to your site and test regular user login. I will upload an ad and try

Basil
December 30th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Here is what I see in Classifieds 2.42 editproduct.php

<snip>

Your being stopped by the code in bold. Now this would suggest whatever user who is trying to mark something sold is not the user who posted the ad.

Please post a url to your site and test regular user login. I will upload an ad and try

Chuck I will PM you with the URL and a user name and password.

Basil

Chuck S
December 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Your using Classifieds version 2.3 I would suggest you upgrade

Basil
December 30th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Your using Classifieds version 2.3 I would suggest you upgrade

I am? Yikes, I thought I was using a later version. Ok, well I approved your ad, so see if it will let you mark it sold.

Meanwhile, I'm going to D/L the latest version,

Basil