PDA

View Full Version : Title & Description fields missing

dollman
December 16th, 2005, 02:50 PM
In my PP 5.01, uploadphoto.php does not have fields for photo title and description, unless logged in as admin.

An older version of PP i have, 4.0.1, users can enter a title and description which, if uploading more than one photo at a time, will be applied to each pic uploaded. (There is no 2nd upload page on 4.0.1)

When logged in as admin in 5.01 I get the title and description field, and all pics uploaded have that title and description applied in the 2nd upload page.

What I'm wondering is, with the newer versions of PP, like 5.01 and 4.7, is there an option I can set in the admin panel that would allow users to enter a title and description on the showphoto.php page?

If there is, I've missed it and apologize for my oversight.

Thanks in advance for any help!

dollman

Chuck S
December 16th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Hello there should be options for title and description on uploadphoto. I would suggest to download 5.21 though since 5.01 is outdated and some security fixes have been done since then.

dollman
December 16th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks! But you say there should be an option to allow users to type in the title and decription onthe upload photo page. Do you mean that there isn't and there should be, or that there should be one in my admin panel and I haven't found it?

If there is an option to allow users to include a title and description on the uploadphoto.php, could you let me know where it is?

Thanks very much!

dollman

Chuck S
December 16th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I am saying if I look at our Photopost upload page there is definately title and description on the upload page.

dollman
December 16th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Title and description fields do show up for me too, if logged in as admin. When logged in as a regular user without admin powers, I don't get those fields on uploadphoto.php, on two different versions, 5.0.1 and 4.7j.

If you have tried it while logged in as a user and see those fields, then I must have developed a problem with two of my albums, since there doesn't appear to be an option on the admin panel to get those fields to appear.

Bummer

Chuck S
December 16th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Well they worked with those versions back then so I can't say specifically what your issue is other than to upgrade your install.