PDA

View Full Version : Vba whatever

b6gm6n
December 13th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Hi..

Just thought i'd post a nice little post about the vbA portal thing...you can bugger it with a simple setting, i posted about this of course, i tested it, i re-tested it and found you can parent a page to itself and thus knacker some settings and cause sql warnings/errors, i was posting my progress at vba and i noticed the 'miserable user hack' was being used on me...great! so they can stuff thier solution if anyone else gets the problem...sod em

-b6

Zachariah
December 13th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Great find on a bug.
I do not know why you would get tapped off a site for helping.
:(

Chuck S
December 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Wow thats just plain childish

The point about bugs is you find em you squash em and move on.

KW802
December 13th, 2005, 10:57 AM
b6gm6n,

As a current & active staff member of vBadvanced I can assure you that you most certainly are not subject to any 'miserable user' hack or anything else. All bugs reported are reviewed and incorporated into the next release. If you are/were experiencing any connectivity issues to the site then it is totally unrelated to anything you may have posted.

If you would like feel free to PM here or at vBa with the thread, or the Support Ticket #, that you posted and I'll take a look at what's going on. If it's the problem I'm thinking of, you may be the second person to have reported it and a temporary fix is running a query against the tables to fix the values.

b6gm6n
December 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
thanx KW802, i just couldnt post...in IE or FFX...timeouts, not found messages... i thought for a moment i'd had the 'miserable user' hack on my back :) i may have ...but after some thought i doubt it... anyways, thanx for your help, i'll look for the fix and if i need i'll install...cheers

-b6

Michael P
December 13th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I've never heard of the "miserable user" hack, lol; is that for real or just a phrase for having trouble posting?

KW802
December 13th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I've never heard of the "miserable user" hack, lol; is that for real or just a phrase for having trouble posting?Nope, it's real. :) In short, it's a hack that sends the user off into limbo and gives them artificial errors like slow response times or error pages. There are a few different versions floating around for it.

Here is the 3.5.x version: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93258

Just for the record: I've confirmed that no such hack is installed at vBa.

petertdavis
December 21st, 2005, 10:38 PM
I'm a bit confused here, why are people talking about vbAdvanced Portal here, is Photopost taking over that too?

KW802
December 21st, 2005, 10:47 PM
I'm a bit confused here, why are people talking about vbAdvanced Portal here, is Photopost taking over that too?Not sure why b6gm6n chose to post here but, no, there is nothing going on with vBa CMPS or vBa Links or anything else of the sort.

I'm closing this thread before any new rumors start floating around. :o