PDA

View Full Version : Verified Customer

pennylessz28
December 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
How come I'm not a verified Customer?

Second, I have a license for photopost, it ended awhile ago. I know I have to renew to download the latest version. How come I've never been able to download the old version?

At least with vbulletin they let you download the last version you were allowed to download.

I lost my orginal copy and I left cuase I could never download it again without renewing. I never wanted to upgrade photopost, just download the old 2x version.

EricR
December 9th, 2005, 05:27 PM
am I? Yup (sorry, first post here).

Sounds like your license has expired, hence the missing "verified customer" tag.

Judge Ruckus
December 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Mine isnt, guess I am just to dang stupid to figure out how to get me verified.

Help!

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I have a gallery license, but I am showing up as a Registered User as well.

We want to win-back those customers and exceed the expectations of all of our customers by offering professional, courteous, and competent support. We wholeheartledly feel bad that those customers feel that they were not treated well and we want to do everything we can to remedy any outstanding issues.

The didn't mention excattly when this new outstanding support was going to begin.

Maybe right after the holidays.

Chuck S
December 9th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I would suggest that every read the announcement that is at the top of every single forum.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=68

Judge Ruckus
December 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Im IN!! Yey! :p

Thank You!

Chuck S
December 9th, 2005, 06:56 PM
;) Welcome

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I've owned a photopost license for 4 years. What happened with that???

Chuck S
December 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM
I don't understand what you mean by what happened with that license? You would still have your license. To get the verified tag under your name the email you use on the forum must match an email on file for the license. It does not matter which license vBGallery or Photopost.

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I haven't changed my photo post license email address since I purchased the program May of 2002. When I log in with my photopost username, I show as a member.

Chuck S
December 9th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Okay but does any of your forum emails match a license on file?

I know this username you are posting from now does not match any license emails cause I just checked.

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Okay but does any of your forum emails match a license on file?

I know this username you are posting from now does not match any license emails cause I just checked.

How convenient is that......LOL This username has always been associated with the vBAdvanced Gallery. While logged in with this username, it shows my license info for photopost. No mention at all to my vBAdvanced gallery license. When I log in with my photopost username, it also shows my photopost license info. I have never associated the two accounts. I purchased two license's and now it appears I only have one.

You all are doing a jam up job.

Chuck S
December 9th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I dont think you understand what you need to do here.

You purchased a vBgallery license under an email account.

Your purchased a Photopost license under an email account.

None of those licenses was purchased with an email address that you have associated with either of your forum usernames your using. If you want to show as a verified customer you must set your forum account email to that of one of your email accounts on file for your licenses. Then the forum automatically runs a cron which will update and throw you into the verified group.

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 09:51 PM
We want to win-back those customers and exceed the expectations of all of our customers by offering professional, courteous, and competent support. We wholeheartledly feel bad that those customers feel that they were not treated well and we want to do everything we can to remedy any outstanding issues.

Hey Dude, look a little closer, both my usernames are associated with the email address I purchased the program(s) with. Would it help if I emailed the receipts for both purchases.

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I see I am now a verified customer......... what a joke, it only took weeks to get this fixed.

clearchannel
December 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Althought a verified customer, I can not access the download area for vBgallery? It takes me to the photopost program?

Chuck S
December 10th, 2005, 06:04 AM
The hotmail account you had in your clearchannel forum account was not an email you purchased either license with just as I stated. That is why you where told to change your email to one associated with your licenseas per the announcement. You did that and now you have access to all the forums here.

I see I am now a verified customer......... what a joke, it only took weeks to get this fixed.

Nice! The customer verification tag has only been around for 4 days now. ;) An announcement was posted in every forum of this site for customers to see and explain what to do.

Althought a verified customer, I can not access the download area for vBgallery? It takes me to the photopost program?

This was done weeks ago once we took owership of the program. Every customer was emailed access info. You can get your member's details sent to you by entering the email on file for your license here.

http://www.photopost.com/auth.html

If your entering photopost members access then you get photopost program. You can link both licenses together but you need to grab your vBGallery login.

clearchannel
December 10th, 2005, 08:52 AM
The hotmail account you had in your clearchannel forum account was not an email you purchased either license with just as I stated. That is why you where told to change your email to one associated with your licenseas per the announcement. You did that and now you have access to all the forums here.

My clearchannel username is the username associated with the gallery software. The email address used for the clearchannel account is the email address associated with the gallery software. While logged in as clearchannel, if I click on the license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost software.

Nice! The customer verification tag has only been around for 4 days now. ;) An announcement was posted in every forum of this site for customers to see and explain what to do.

When logged in with my photo post user account, if I click on license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost download area where I am welcome to download the photopost 5.21 software. Yet I show as a registered user, not a verified customer.

This was done weeks ago once we took owership of the program. Every customer was emailed access info. You can get your member's details sent to you by entering the email on file for your license here.

http://www.photopost.com/auth.html

If your entering photopost members access then you get photopost program. You can link both licenses together but you need to grab your vBGallery login.

I tried to link both licenses together, when I add my clearchannel info to the photopost download page I receive the following message:

The username/password you entered to link a license did not match any license in our database.

I get this message even thought I am showing up as a verified customer.

Chuck S
December 10th, 2005, 06:03 PM
My clearchannel username is the username associated with the gallery software. The email address used for the clearchannel account is the email address associated with the gallery software. While logged in as clearchannel, if I click on the license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost software.

Clearchannel the other day when you first asked about the verification tag I checked the email you were using for your forum account clearchannel and there are no license holders with the hotmail account you had entered in your forum account email spot. Hense I suggested you change it to one associated with your license. ;)

You changed it to the one for your vBGallery license and you are now verified.

When logged in with my photo post user account, if I click on license info/downloads it takes me to the photopost download area where I am welcome to download the photopost 5.21 software. Yet I show as a registered user, not a verified customer.

Same thing here you. You have a second forum username account then you would need to change that account to an email associated with your Photopost license. That would be the one with photopost in it.

I tried to link both licenses together, when I add my clearchannel info to the photopost download page I receive the following message:

The username/password you entered to link a license did not match any license in our database.

I get this message even thought I am showing up as a verified customer.

You must have been copying and pasting and some stray characters where being copied. I tried it and your all linked up.

websnail
December 12th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I understand what's required but frankly I don't understand WHY?

If an end user already has access to the crownjewels ie: your scripts, why on gods green stuff does the email have to match that which the script was originally licensed...

I can think of a few million reasons why this becomes a nightmare, including my current situation of being the tech responsible for installing something for a client but who does not have direct association with the email address, DESPITE having associated with the correct licenses in the download.

What happens when you have a team of people working on a website who need to access mods for their bit? or problems when the email address belongs to someone who left the company and won't hand over the info or access..

Like I said, the logic escapes me...

Chuck S
December 12th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Well quite simply the logic is simple.

We are not going to show code samples to people not authorized to view them. Hense the mod forums require you to be a license holder.

Plus in order to make sure we provide support to people authorized to obtain support since opening our forums to the public we came up with an automated way to verify a user without too much pain on their part. Your forum email match's your license email and you get a verified member tag.

pennylessz28
December 13th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I would suggest that every read the announcement that is at the top of every single forum.

I orginally read it, but it never showed up. But i see its there today. B=0

Chuck S
December 13th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Yep after you change your email it does take an hour or so for the cron task to update ya ;)

mtha
December 14th, 2005, 11:10 AM

We are not going to show code samples to people not authorized to view them. Hense the mod forums require you to be a license holder.

Plus in order to make sure we provide support to people authorized to obtain support since opening our forums to the public we came up with an automated way to verify a user without too much pain on their part. Your forum email match's your license email and you get a verified member tag.

Problem comes up is, the license holder might not always be the developer. In my case here, we have a license (see my profile for license number), but I am the developer (of a valid license holder), not the one who buy the license. Now I cant get support ...

well, maybe I need to use his account, to access forum, right? ...

just my 2c, it'd be better if you have a list of supported customers, in which, license holder can add few extra people to the license ...

Chuck S
December 14th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I understand your point. ;)

However from a company standpoint I think you can understand we provide support for customers and our decision to protect the modifications forum for access customer access when opening up the forums wide to the public was needed step in being able to offer a modifications section.

FleaBag
December 14th, 2005, 03:57 PM
OK I have a pre-vbgallery account here which is using the e-mail address my account is registered to. Could you merge 'dynamo' into 'FleaBag' please so that I can become verified.

Michael P
December 14th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Ok, fleabag you are merged, you can update your email address now.

FleaBag
December 14th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks very much I shall go do that. :D

FleaBag
December 15th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Hmmm doesn't seem to be working... Need to find the e-mail you guys sent me to check I'm using the right address.

EDIT: The e-mails are both the same, my e-mail on this account was changed about 12 hours ago and I'm still not verified.

EDIT2: Hmmm rather strange. I'm sure when I made this post I wasn't showing as verified. But now, minutes later... I am!

Thanks.

websnail
December 15th, 2005, 08:22 AM

You're missing my point... I have access to your complete code base thanks to the fact that I was given the relevant access codes to the scripts themselves. That access is understood to have certain restrictions and I'm sticking to that... but it seems nuts to then say that I can't access the mods section..

Thinking about how the system seems to work though I'm pretty sure your script is basic and nobody wants to tackle the task of making this code work for anyone who has linked access to the scripts. Seems counter productive but as you've pointed out it's company policy so I've no option but to like or lump it...

Fair enough... so then I have a question... I had to get the script owner to request a reset of their forum account and then pass on the relevant information so I could then access those mods. Only one problem... They reset their account, changed the password and now when I login I find that I can do absolutely nothing... Not even post on this forum, using that account.

So, what exactly is going on here.. We have an account with access that is running out in a few hours time (but not yet!) and obviously the customer wants to get the necessary mods to complete the upgrade and be done with it... but it seems there's a problem. I'm pretty sure they would have had to validate their account in order to update their password so I'm left wondering if the account has now been disabled for some reason??

Could someone please email or PM me to tell me what is going on... The account in question is "Jonathan". Feel free to email the account owner for security sake but you can imagine the frustration here.

Michael P
December 15th, 2005, 08:32 AM
That account is waiting for email confirmation - I assume that a link has to be clicked on an email sent for that account.

websnail
December 15th, 2005, 08:49 AM
That account is waiting for email confirmation - I assume that a link has to be clicked on an email sent for that account.
Odd... I don't understand how Jon could have changed the password without doing that, but ok... I'll chase him to get that sorted..

Thanks for narrowing it down.. .

Michael P
December 15th, 2005, 09:15 AM
If there's still a problem, drop me a PM and I'll manually update it.

Chuck S
December 15th, 2005, 09:16 AM
You're missing my point... I have access to your complete code base thanks to the fact that I was given the relevant access codes to the scripts themselves. That access is understood to have certain restrictions and I'm sticking to that... but it seems nuts to then say that I can't access the mods section..

You do not have complete access to our code because we gave it to you. You have access to the code because the license holder has given you his private information. I think there is a big difference there don't you.

websnail Jonathon account should be okay to use :)

Silver_2000
December 16th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I checked that my email on the forum is the same as the one that is used for the 4 Photopost licences ....

Still no verified rank.

Doug

Chuck S
December 16th, 2005, 08:52 AM
The actual cron task needs to run and I show you as verified here 4 minutes after your post

Silver_2000
December 16th, 2005, 09:03 AM
The actual cron task needs to run and I show you as verified here 4 minutes after your post
Hmm, 5 minutes ago I wasnt and my email address has been the SAME for at least a week .... I guess the cron job only runs when there is a problem ?

Michael P
December 16th, 2005, 09:25 AM
I've never figured out how to run a cron job only when a problem exists. ;)

Silver_2000
December 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I've never figured out how to run a cron job only when a problem exists. ;)

I counter your sarcasm with some of my own.

The facts are that before I posted I didnt have that status - You come to your own conclusion as to why ....

Chuck S
December 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Well You posted at 948am and I posted at 950am so apparently maybe the cron ran at 950am who knows. Michael has it set to run every so often but I don't know the interval.

Silver_2000
December 16th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Well You posted at 948am and I posted at 950am so apparently maybe the cron ran at 950am who knows. Michael has it set to run every so often but I don't know the interval.

the only thing that makes any sense is that it updates when you post.

I checked my profile and a previous post BEFORE I posted and I didnt show as verified - I checked the email address at least a week ago and it was right - immediately after I posted the status changed ...

Doug

Chuck S
December 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah well Maybe that is so only Michael would know or maybe its a VB thing that only updates the title when a new post is made.

oly51
December 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Just checking to see if mine updates with this post....

oly51
December 19th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Yup! :D

Updated my email a couple of days ago. [Had not used that account in a few years.] The verified customer did not show up until that post.

tweek
December 28th, 2005, 08:21 AM
also just checking to see if mine updates with this post.... :)

tweek
December 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM
once more for luck :-/

edit: yay that did it :)

ProjectCamaro
December 31st, 2005, 12:15 PM
Just checking mine.

hunterscentral
December 31st, 2005, 01:59 PM
went to change my email and Got this

The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here.
It has been so long since I have used this site but where is some help

Chuck S
December 31st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Do you have two accounts here hunters?

hunterscentral
December 31st, 2005, 10:30 PM
not that I am aware of you have the power check for me

I sent you a pm chuck
If I have 2 accounts this is the user name I would like to keep

hunterscentral
January 2nd, 2006, 05:47 AM
got the email changed and I am know using my paided account email but still show unverified

Chuck S
January 2nd, 2006, 10:03 AM
You needed to give time for the cron task to run and then you need to make a post for it to kick in and display. Your in the verified group

hunterscentral
January 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks chuck as is working fine now

KevinVo
January 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
To Photopost
I am a valid license holder, how come I am not a Verified customer? Please check it for me please.

KevinVo
January 3rd, 2006, 12:42 AM
just checking mine again,

LOL, i'm in. hehe

rsailors
January 4th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I am not showing up as a Verified Customer... I have all the info correct can you please look into this.

rsailors
January 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Working

Silver_2000
January 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I am not showing up as a Verified Customer... I have all the info correct can you please look into this.

My experience was that your status deosnt update till you post .. but the staff didnt agree...

Chuck S
January 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM
My announcement states you must make a post to bump yourself ;)

boatdesign
January 8th, 2006, 03:00 AM
testing 1 2 3 - title still says registered user instead of verified customer so maybe a post will clear it up?

boatdesign
January 8th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Yup, thanks Chuck. That did it.

I didn't realize you had to post before the usergroup change took effect.

--wondering what other implications having to post in vbulletin before usergroup changes take effect actully has on my photopost using vbulletin usergroup permissions.

zOrg
January 8th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Here we go...

Chuck S
January 8th, 2006, 09:29 AM
It cleared it up ;)

Fortissimo
January 13th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Could you suggest what needs to be done.

License was purchased for a company by one of my partners. However, she does not do any of the installation, problem solving of the site, I do. If I change the email to her, she gets notified when someone answer my question. Obviously that is not what I want. So what do I do?

Chuck S
January 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Hello

You can have her email sales to have the email changed to your email.

In the interest to serve customers better we unlocked our forums from the old way we use to do it which was lock the forums to only members where you had to constantly enter the members license details to get to the members forum. Now in the interest of showing our forums to everyone we had to implement a way to protect our code from non licensed users and thus we came up with the verified tag. In doing this we make using the forums easier to reach but at the same time protect our interests. This does require though that the forum user and the email on file for the license be the same email so we know who is a verified user and who is not.

mkdevo
January 15th, 2006, 08:29 AM
test...

:(

mkdevo
January 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
so do you have to be a Verified Customer to access The Mod Corner?

hope that cron job runs soon...

SIINSI
January 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Hope mine works :(

Edit :Grrrrr

SIINSI
January 28th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Looks like I am having a problem :( My email matches my license and I'm not verified.

I'm not even allowed to open a ticket to let you guys know....

Any help?

BryanG
January 28th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Making a post...just ignore this. :)

BryanG
January 28th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Didn't seem to work, trying again...

hIBEES
January 28th, 2006, 08:12 PM
whhhooooohoooo new version :D :D

bbhunt
January 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I didnt know this eather

MINI2
March 28th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Making a post too, didn't know this was how user promotions worked in vBulletin either?!

MINI2
March 28th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Hmm. Do we know how often the cron works to update us?

Chuck S
March 28th, 2006, 09:47 AM
It can take a couple hours as the thread states

MINI2
March 31st, 2006, 11:34 AM
Didn't see that, only saw someone saying something about 12 hours now I've searched this thread?

All sorted now.

:D

Chuck S
March 31st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah anyone waiting 12 hours or so never confirmed their email change ;) as the cron runs I think every 60mins

PRETTYBOI
April 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
I really hate to say this but what makes you all think that other people won't sell a copy of photopost to others for a low price? I'd mean, there's nothing you can do about it once the other parties duplicate a copy of the whole entire photopost files to another parties. So it's no point of making the hacks and modification forum private. not to mention, Photopost needs to start managing customer service. I have to admit they have a bad customer service which only forum posting is allow for support. Where's the line at? I'm sure they're making enough money to have an 800 numbers. But to be honest, I notice alot of people sells the entire duplicated photopost software for a much lower price.

Chuck S
April 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM
Our verified customer status is here to protect you and us. Now you think it is bad customer service to have a verification system to ensure only verified members can see photopost code? Have you read this thread which is at the very top of every single forum?

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=64

As far as illegal licenses I will say this. Check your license

http://www.photopost.com/phplicense.html

I think you honestly might want to read up on the law here. One example being the digital millenium copyright act of 1998. You might be surprised at what we can do. Every software company aggressively attacks software piracy and protects its intellectual property.

No one may obtain a copy of Photopost from nowhere other than our company. Several things you may not be aware of but if you are caught running pirated software your host can remove your entire site from their server without any warning which means you can lose everything. At the very least most all hosts comply with DMCA letters when we send a DMCA letter to them. Thus at the very least they will delete the photopost software directory and database.

Our legal department has removed alot of pirated software from alot of server's and if we find a person's licensed copy running on a pirated site they can have there license nulled which means they need to remove the software from their site or risk also having there host remove it which might end up in tons of lost data.

If you ask me it is not worth the risk. I know I have had quite a few people with pirated copies come here asking for support which is a bonehead move and I have forwarded the info I recieve when I ask for the url of there site to look at to our legal department for investigation.

lillylissy
April 28th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Now, I will make a post to bump myself to be a » Verified Customer « :)

Thank you and Best Regards

lillylissy

therczone
April 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Please verify me. I'm using the e-mail I used to purchase PhotoPost.

Chuck S
April 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM
You need to give the cron script time to run ;)

therczone
April 28th, 2006, 08:17 PM
It's been over 3 hours? :confused:

EDIT: Odd, as soon as I made this reply, it showed me as verified. :confused:

Chuck S
April 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
yes just like the thread states ;)

The cron task runs in an hour or so and you will be moved to verified group. Then when you may a post your title will update.

Tracker
May 8th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Please verify me. I'm using the e-mail I used to purchase PhotoPost.

Me 2 please..:)

Chuck S
May 8th, 2006, 01:33 PM
You can follow the thread which is at the top of every forum which explains how to verify yourself. This is not a process we need to do for you.

cointech
May 24th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Clearchannel the other day when you first asked about the verification tag I checked the email you were using for your forum account clearchannel and there are no license holders with the hotmail account you had entered in your forum account email spot. Hense I suggested you change it to one associated with your license. ;)

You changed it to the one for your vBGallery license and you are now verified.

Same thing here you. You have a second forum username account then you would need to change that account to an email associated with your Photopost license. That would be the one with photopost in it.

You must have been copying and pasting and some stray characters where being copied. I tried it and your all linked up.

.photopost

I changed nothing why are you busting mt chops
I move around that's the nature my my business

You have my main email address what gives

cointech
May 25th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Wooo weee thank you.
Now I'm In that was some kind of work out...

:rolleyes:

Chuck S
May 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
You where just using the wrong email ;)

cointech
May 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I have no idea it was changed but I thank you.

Now the most important thing it's the next agenda
The classified board...
I'm ready to jump through some more HOOPS

I'm posting now on approval queue problems

THanks

convergent
June 1st, 2006, 10:58 PM
Trying a post to see if I magically become verified???

Nope... that didn't work. :(

rudolf
June 3rd, 2006, 06:12 AM
I have a valid licens of Photopost PRO, I just modified my profile with same email I registered for Photopost but I am not upgraded to Verified Use.
What happen ?

Regards

[Opps. : all right, all right, futile post, sorry]

simon1181
June 5th, 2006, 07:10 AM
...If you ask me it is not worth the risk. I know I have had quite a few people with pirated copies come here asking for support which is a bonehead move and I have forwarded the info I recieve when I ask for the url of there site to look at to our legal department for investigation.

Quite right too IMO. :)

1996 328ti
June 22nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
Is there a script that compares email addresses to license email addresses which automatically puts you into a verified customer usergroup?

Chuck S
June 22nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
Yes there is and it runs about every hour