PDA

View Full Version : My gallery's not working right

marit
November 27th, 2005, 02:19 PM
It was working fine yesterday, but today a lot of people, including myself, can't upload pictures. I haven't touched any settings in the last week, so the only thing I can think of is that the server my domain is on has changed something somehow. When I try to upload, it just comes up with a blank page on upload.php and bulkupload.php

Should I try and upload those files again, in case something has happened to the files? If someone has an idea on what's going on, I'd be very grateful. TIA!

Chuck S
November 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Do you have a link to phpinfo?

Url to gallery and test regular user account to login with so I can try upload?

marit
November 27th, 2005, 02:34 PM
The URL to my gallery is http://scrapbookexpress.no/galleri/

You can log in with username: test and password: test

It's integrated with my phpbb forum. I managed to upload a pic with the test account, which is a regular user, but I still can't upload as my normal staus of admin. I went over the permissions for the different usergroups, and everything looks fine. It's other regular users that have posted and told me they can't upload, so I'm very confused. Thank you so much for helping me with this. The gallery is great and is a big part of my site, so I get frustrated when it's not working properly. And this is the first time I've had problems, since I installed it in January.

Chuck S
November 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yep uploads work

http://scrapbookexpress.no/galleri/showphoto.php?photo=11735

I would suspect you have a php memory exhaustion or timeout

In bulkupload.php you can place the code in bold and see if that helps you.

ini_set("max_execution_time", 0);
ini_set("memory_limit", "32M");
require "pp-inc.php";

marit
November 27th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Thank you! I tried it, but it didn't help for my own account, I'm afraid. I even deleted my cookies + temp internet files before I tried uploading again, just in case. I get a blank page with the following link in the URL (in case that could be helpful in any way)

http://scrapbookexpress.no/galleri/bulkupload.php?ppaction=addphotos&do=preview&photopath=2&upuser=Marit&notify=no&defcat=584&deftitle=mer%20test&defdesc=&numprocess=10&dthumbs=yes

I've asked the members who had problems to try again now that I added the code, but none has responded yet

Chuck S
November 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM
well you can always FTP to your server and clear out all files under your personal upload directory

uploads/youruserid

marit
November 27th, 2005, 03:03 PM
That did the trick for me! Thank you so much! :)

I'll see if that will fix the problems for the other ones with problems, too. Could you please explain what you think caused them to stay there instead of getting uploaded?

Chuck S
November 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
well If you upgrade to the new code we remove unprocessed files. On older versions where files where not processed they simply remained in the uploads directory

marit
November 27th, 2005, 04:15 PM
People are still having problems, and so am I, even though I deleted the files that were in the upload folders. It was working fine when I tested it earlier, but now it's doing the same thing again. Any other ideas on what's suddenly doing this today? :confused:

Chuck S
November 27th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I can suggest you switch to ImageMagick if its installed on your server. Also what size files are you uploading are they over your PHP max upload size?