PDA

View Full Version : Few strange questions

trueinnovation
October 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
I currently use 3.5 and the gallery addon looks ideal... except I need to know if it can do the following:

* Respect security for my subscriptions (paying people only can view images/posts)
* Can I create custom image attributes (text and multichoice)
* Can the user not specify an image (I need this)
* If no image is specified, can I set a default image? (I know that sounds strange but its what I need :) )

Also, does anyone know of a hack that can send thread/image updates to mobile (via sms) as well as by email.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
October 22nd, 2005, 05:18 PM
1). You can set usergroup permissions, pretty much in the same way as you can in vBulletin.
2). I'm not sure I follow you on this one... Do you mean additional fields when submitting images? If so, you can add additional custom fields in the form of a regular text input box, radio buttons, select menus, and check boxes.
3). & 4). When uploading? If so, no. You must upload an image or it will result in an error.

trueinnovation
October 23rd, 2005, 04:42 AM
Thanks Brian, that answered my queries.. :D Much appreciated.

With respect to the last question. Do you think it would be an easy hack to specify a default image if people didnt enter one.? if so, can you (or someone) point me at the right module/area.?

Thanks..

Brian
October 24th, 2005, 12:36 PM
If you're good with PHP and such then it probably wouldn't be too hard to remove that error check, but I don't believe anyone has posted a hack for it.

Brian
October 25th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Just a quick note, I've split your last post and moved it to the gallery hacks forum since some code and such is going to be posted and that is a protected forum. ;)