PDA

View Full Version : considering a purchase

blootix
October 16th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I have a few questions:

1. Is this fully compatible with vBulletin 3.5 Final?
2. Why not pack this as a product instead of using an installer? (I really don't like using installers because there's no uninstaller)
3. When you speak of the "optional" file edits, what would those do? Can they be done via plugins?
4. When members post comments on the pictures, can it count toward their postcount and the forum postcount?
5. The last time this script was updated was in June (when vB 3.5 Final hasn't even been released). Is this script still in development or is it provided as-is and no further development is planned?

I'd really like to see it as a product. I would buy it for sure if it was packed as a product doing all the DB mods and code mods with one click. Right now I'm holding off mainly because of that I "might" have to do file edits (which I really don't want to do) and that this isn't done as a product to install/uninstall database mods.

KW802
October 16th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Blootix,

1. Yes

2. Not sure about the technicalities of an installer versus the new product system it but at least in regards to uninstalling the same script that is used to install the product contains an option to uninstall it as well.

3. I just took a look at the installation readme file... the only code edits are two optional steps. They are to (a) group the templates together when viewing them in the style manager and (b) to have the mod options show up in the default mod cp instead of having the mod go to a seperate menu.

4. Yes, it is an option in the gallery control panel.

5. Not sure where the June date is coming from but the version for vB 3.5 was released in July.

In regards to the code edits, if you don't want to do the two optional steps above then the only things you have to change code is the configuration file in the Gallery folder to indicate where your forums are, after that the installer does all of the DB changes as necessary (there are no vB code changes required). The same script is used to install & deinstall the various DB tables & changes.

blootix
October 18th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Hi,

The June date is coming from this page: http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.php?do=productinfo&p=5.
Current Version: 1.0.1
Last Updated: 06-13-2005 02:45 PM

Is this still in development?

Also, is there a way to add this gallery onto Forum Home?

As for the Mod CP thing, I do not understand what you're saying. Do you mean I must do a file edit to make the control panel integrated into the Moderator CP?

Brian
October 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
That was the last time the vB 3.0 version was updated. The vB 3.5 version was updated in June though. And yes, the script is still in development.
Currently there is a small modification to your modcp/index.php file that's required to add the gallery options to your mod cp. That can just as easily be done with a plugin though, we just haven't had a chance to release a new version including this yet.

blootix
October 18th, 2005, 11:20 PM
What about the forumhome if this is able to be displayed on forumhome? Also, is this able to be displayed on non-vBulletin pages?

Brian
October 19th, 2005, 09:43 AM
There is a hack to display random images on your forum home with vB 3.5. There also should be a module for the CMPS to display random images, but I think that's about it as far as non-vB pages go.