PDA

View Full Version : thinking about vbadvanced gallery

charlie
October 14th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I currently use photopost and it is crap. I've had it for a year and I absolutely hate it.

I am considering switching to vbadvanced gallery but I have some very specific things that I'd like to do, and I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible using vbadvanced, and if there are currently any hacks/mod to make it easier.

Here is a description of what I want:

I would really like to have 2 categories for the user's main galleries. So that, when they upload a photo they can either decide to put it in one or the other. The main purpose of this is so that in the postbit info on vbulletin I can have the option to either view pictures of this members X or this members Y, instead of just linking to a gallery full of every random picture that they have uploaded.

This is what I want for the user profiles in vbulletin

User profiles:

The user profile should include a thumbnail (or multiple thumbnails) from each of the two picture categories (personal and vehicle profiles). Beneath the thumbnails is a link to view the entire gallery of that profile (ie: view all personal images or view all vehicle images).

There should also be an option in the usercp to upload photos to each category, and a way to set which photo/s are displayed in the main profile as the default pictures.

User profiles should include the option for other people to leave comments, and rate photos.

Thanks in advance,
-Charlie

Brian
October 15th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I would really like to have 2 categories for the user's main galleries. So that, when they upload a photo they can either decide to put it in one or the other. The main purpose of this is so that in the postbit info on vbulletin I can have the option to either view pictures of this members X or this members Y, instead of just linking to a gallery full of every random picture that they have uploaded.
That one shouldn't be a problem and I'm pretty sure a hack has been posted to add the links to the postbit.

This is what I want for the user profiles in vbulletin

User profiles:

The user profile should include a thumbnail (or multiple thumbnails) from each of the two picture categories (personal and vehicle profiles). Beneath the thumbnails is a link to view the entire gallery of that profile (ie: view all personal images or view all vehicle images).

There should also be an option in the usercp to upload photos to each category, and a way to set which photo/s are displayed in the main profile as the default pictures.

User profiles should include the option for other people to leave comments, and rate photos.
There are no default options for these things and as far as I know nobody has created a hack for them yet.

charlie
October 19th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the response Brian. Let me see if I can be more specific about what I want.

I'd like to be able to display images from the gallery on an outside page (like the profile page of vB). I need to be able to specify the user and the gallery to pull the images from, and it needs to be dynamic (ie, each person will have sample images from a specific gallery of theirs that show up in their profile).

Is there a way to do this with vbadvanced gallery?

Thanks again,
-Charlie

Brian
October 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Something like that could be done and shouldn't be that hard, but you would have to know a bit about PHP and vBulletin to accomplish it.