PDA

View Full Version : Installation manual?

imported_Lecter
October 13th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if the installation manual (page?) was available to peruse before purchase?

If not, can anyone tell me all of the installation steps?

And what are the uninstallation steps?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Lecter

Brian
October 13th, 2005, 12:17 PM
To install the gallery you simply enter the path to your forums in the gallery_config.php file, upload all of the gallery files, then run the install script in your browser. The whole process should only take a few minutes. :)

imported_Lecter
October 13th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the rapid response Brian.

Just to reassure myself, are there any edits to any vBulletin files (like there are in vBadvanced CMPS [global.php])?

Is uninstallation as easy?

One last question. Does vBadvanced Gallery integrate well with vBPortal? Any comments are appreciated.

Sorry to flood you with questions, but I am getting my paycheck tomorrow, and am trying to decide between vBadvanced Gallery and Photopost before then.

Lecter

Brian
October 13th, 2005, 03:02 PM
There are a couple of optional file modifications, but none that are necessary to install the gallery like there are with the CMPS.
Yes, uninstallation is just as easy.
I've never used vBportal, so I have no idea if they can be integrated.

imported_Lecter
October 13th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Three more questions.

Do you plan to offer bulk photo uploads contained in .zip files?

Can unregistered users be prevented from sending e-cards? (in order to encourage them to register)

On the main category view, is there a way to display tiny icons of uploaded photos in the leftmost column? (see the attached screenshot for an example)

Thanks yet again!

Lecter

Brian
October 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
1). I'm honestly not sure when/if that might be a feature.
2). Yes.
3). Yes.

imported_Lecter
October 14th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your help Brian. So you know that your time wasn't wasted, I've just placed an order (Item Number: 3537_327) for vBadvanced Gallery.

-Best,

Lecter

Brian
October 15th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear that Lecter. Hope you're enjoying the product so far. :)