PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible to do with vbgallery?

sean747
October 10th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Right now I use photopost, however, I'm considering hiring someone to make a hack/addon for it, but before I do so, I want to know which one would be easier to create the hack for, for vbgallery/photopost?

Basically what I'm looking for is two upload fields when the user wants to upload photos. One field will be the upload field for the actual image, and the second upload field will be for the thumbnail.

Due to my design, I would like all thumbnails of the uploaded pictures to have the same height and width, and I like the quality of thumnails to remain high. The sizing doesn't have to be automatic, as it would be the users responisibility to provide the right size thumbnail. This way, when the user uploads a thumbnail, he or she is forced to upload a set size thumbnail, for example a 65 x 65 px wide thumbnail to go along with the image.

How easy would this be to implent to vbgallery?

thank you for any answers.

Brian
October 10th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Honstly, I'm not sure how hard it would be to do in PhotoPost. I would *think* though that it would be about the same amount of work with either product though.

pennylessz28
October 10th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Talking about illimatinating the GD thumbnail all together.

Some sites like deiviant art require users to upload a thumbnail, but that is only on certain formats.

I suppose your thinking is users could create nicer thumbnails rather than a smashed image?

I know I post over on aqua-soft and people always make thier own thumbnails to like to full size images.

I would image the most difficult thing here would be telling mysql that image A links to image B and how to identify the image if they are named differently.

sean747
October 10th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Yes that is what I want to do, deviantart and gfx-artist are good examples. Thanks for both answers.