PDA

View Full Version : Sub Section Question

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 07:42 AM
Is it possible to have the following??

Members Galleries (main heading)
- Link to members pics (Ie like a foum) <-- click and new page opens.

New page lists all the members names, click on a members name and you go into there area.... RIGHT I dont want any pics to be posted in this main area only in both there subforums.

Soooo
- Members Name <--- no posting
-- Folder (album 1) <--- can post
-- Folder (album 2) <--- can post

I dont want then to allow or not allow people... IE I want control over them not being able to post in the main folder only in the other folders... I also want everyone to have the same folders??

Sorry if this is confussing... hope someone knows what i mean??

BASICALLY I have a paid usergroup and when someone pays money to the site they are moved into this usergroup... when they are moved into this usergroup I want the above to just be created for them... so all they have to do is upload the photos to the folder that they want under their username.

Is the above possible??

Cheers
Darren

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 08:17 AM
When viewing the demo...
- I noticed the below

"Members' Category
This is an example of how to set up a Members' Gallery in which all images/categories will automatically be placed in a sub-category named after the user."

How do you set this up... is it easy from in the admin panel... as I am thinking this is sort of what i need - IE soon as a user goes into the group as mentioned above they get a gallery (sub-category).

Or am i looking at it wrong??

Cheers
Daz

PhoenixDown21
September 21st, 2005, 12:09 PM
When a user gets added to your paid usergroup you will need to go in and create a gallery for them, alternately, you can set the gallery up so that the users in this usergroup can create thier own gallery.

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 12:26 PM
When a user gets added to your paid usergroup you will need to go in and create a gallery for them, alternately, you can set the gallery up so that the users in this usergroup can create thier own gallery.
Would be easier if they set it up.... as we do get alot of paying members to be honest.

However I am guessing then I have no way of making them have one folder (there name) with 2 albums in it that I want them called right??

So if i want it my way then I have to set them all up and then just allow that person to upload to his folder?? Which makes me wonder how you just allow a certain person to upload to his folder. Im guessing I just create a folder and assign it to a userid.

Sorry if I am confussing matters. I am just trying to get everything straight in my head before I buy.

Cheers
Daz

Brian
September 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
There is an option that will allow you to set any category to act as a "Members Category". Any category that is set as a Members Category will automatically create a sub-directory for each user when they upload images to it. To create categories for each user as you're describing, you would have to do it manually. An easier option instead might be to create your two categories and then make each of those a Members Category so that you would have the list of usernames under each. I'm not sure if that would work for you, but if so it would be a little easier and involve no manual labor. ;)

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 01:04 PM
There is an option that will allow you to set any category to act as a "Members Category". Any category that is set as a Members Category will automatically create a sub-directory for each user when they upload images to it. To create categories for each user as you're describing, you would have to do it manually. An easier option instead might be to create your two categories and then make each of those a Members Category so that you would have the list of usernames under each. I'm not sure if that would work for you, but if so it would be a little easier and involve no manual labor. ;)

Good thinking sooooo....

Car Pics (members gallery)
- list of names (only from paid usergroup)

Other Pics (members gallery)
- list of names (only from paid usergroup??)

They upload pics and can "only" select one of there names under them headings and no other folder.... is that correct??

IE... want each paid member to only be able to upload into there folder and no-one elses and NOT have the option for others to upload in there folder.

If the above is right then I am sure I will be buying today :D

PS.. I know there it a hack to make it show a link to my gallery in the postbit of vbulletiin - I am guessing I could easily edit that to make it appear twice one saying "my cars pics" and the other saying "my other pics" ??

Thanks for your help with all my questions its much apprciated.
Daz

Brian
September 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM
Yes, you are correct. Though when your members go to upload an image they will not even see the other members' names, they will only see options for 'Car Pics' and 'Other Pics'. When a category is set to act as a members category then there is no way to uplaod an image to another members' category.

PS.. I know there it a hack to make it show a link to my gallery in the postbit of vbulletiin - I am guessing I could easily edit that to make it appear twice one saying "my cars pics" and the other saying "my other pics" ??
If it's the hack I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure it won't work in your case. All you would need to do though is add two links in the postbit template.

<a href="/gallery/browseimages.php?c=X&amp;userid=$post[userid]">

(Change X there to the categoryid)

The only slight downside to that is that it will show up in the postbit for every member, but for those who have not uploaded any images it will just show a message saying that there are no images when the link is clicked on. Although, since you said these categories will only be for one usergroup, you could wrap an if condition around the link so that it will only show up in the postbit for members of that group.

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, X)">
Link
</if>

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 02:32 PM
Yes, you are correct. Though when your members go to upload an image they will not even see the other members' names, they will only see options for 'Car Pics' and 'Other Pics'. When a category is set to act as a members category then there is no way to uplaod an image to another members' category.

If it's the hack I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure it won't work in your case. All you would need to do though is add two links in the postbit template.

<a href="/gallery/browseimages.php?c=X&amp;userid=$post[userid]">

(Change X there to the categoryid)

The only slight downside to that is that it will show up in the postbit for every member, but for those who have not uploaded any images it will just show a message saying that there are no images when the link is clicked on. Although, since you said these categories will only be for one usergroup, you could wrap an if condition around the link so that it will only show up in the postbit for members of that group.

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, X)">
Link
</if>
Brian,

Thanks again for the quick response.
- Its GREAT to know they can only choose 2 options and not see others... exactly what i needed.

Yeah its for the Paid usergroup and the admins and mods....

Thank you very much for providing me with the code above to enable me to do this... I am definatly going to buy the product within the next hour.

Once last question relating to the above... how to I change the code for the usergroup to include the other usergroups??

I am thinking:
<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, X)" && if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, Y)">
Link
</if>[/QUOTE]

^^ is that right (prob not :lol: )??

Cheers
Daz

Brian
September 21st, 2005, 02:38 PM
Close. :)

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, X) OR is_member_of($bbuserinfo, Y)">

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Brilliant Brian.... much appreciated.

Just finding the buy page now ;)

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Order has been placed now...
- Hope to recieve email with how to get files etc... soon!!

Thanks again
Daz

Brian
September 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM
Looks like PayPal is a little slow today as I see your order, but they haven't sent the info back here yet. Normally that is done instantly, but PayPal gets delayed every once in a while for some reason. You should receive an email with your details and be able to download the product in the Members' Area here soon though.

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 03:00 PM
Looks like PayPal is a little slow today as I see your order, but they haven't sent the info back here yet. Normally that is done instantly, but PayPal gets delayed every once in a while for some reason. You should receive an email with your details and be able to download the product in the Members' Area here soon though.

OK thats fine... thanks for the info!!

Daz

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 03:53 PM
WOW paypal must be having a really slow day today as still no email :(

Brian
September 21st, 2005, 04:52 PM
There's one other case I can think of where it took at least a day or two before the information was sent back from PayPal. I have no clue why yours is being delayed though since a few others have gone through today without a problem. I went ahead and manually added your license though so you should be able to download the program in the Members' Area here. Just remember that if a second license shows up in a day or two that it's not yours. :p

Noonster
September 21st, 2005, 05:04 PM
There's one other case I can think of where it took at least a day or two before the information was sent back from PayPal. I have no clue why yours is being delayed though since a few others have gone through today without a problem. I went ahead and manually added your license though so you should be able to download the program in the Members' Area here. Just remember that if a second license shows up in a day or two that it's not yours. :p
Thanks alot... thats really nice of you!
- I will download it now.

If another one does show up I will drop you and email or PM to let you know.

Thanks again for all you help with giving me answers etc... its much appreciated.

Daz :D