PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: albums inside categories

Sharg
September 20th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Hi,
since I can't post in the suggestion forum , and since this is a feature that would pursuade me to purchase the product I decided to post it in this forum....

It would be good if user could create albums inside the categories. So there would be a new button "New album" just after the "New Image" button.

When user create a new album in a category, it would be by default a public album.
As a thumbnail, the thumbnail for the album would display the last thumbnail from withing the album. Also there should be a little note so viewers understand that it is an album and not just a single image when they see it inside a category.

Are the developpers interestind in integrating this feature ?

Sharg

ConqSoft
September 20th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Users can already do this... Under the My Stuff menu they can manage their categories to create sub-cats.

Like here for example: http://www.fireblades.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=675

Sharg
September 20th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Hi,
I know they can do it in members category.

The point of my post is for user to post their albums in the categories, not only the members category.

Sharg

ConqSoft
September 20th, 2005, 10:41 AM
You can, as an admin, allow users to create sub-cats (albums) under ANY category; not just member categories.

Sharg
September 20th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Ignore- See below.

Sharg
September 20th, 2005, 11:28 AM
OK, let me elaborate a bit, since I understand my post is not clear.

Here is what I have in mind, and which would make this script what i'm looking for:

-I want to force my user to post in albums (or subcat if you prefer). But I need these albums or subcat to be listed chronologically: so each time an album is created or updated with a new image, it would appear on top within its category (currently it is not possible).

- Alow user to brower categories in either *Album mode*: all they see when they enter a category are albums: they must click them to display the images inside.

- Allow user to browser categories in *images mode*: when user enter a category, he doesn't see the albums, but all the thumbnails extracted from the albums within the category, listed chronologically.

And the users could switch from one mode to another depending if they want to see mass thumbnails from a category, or nicely sorted albums.

Do you understand the system I have in mind ?

I think it would be great.

Thanks,
Sharg