PDA

View Full Version : Private Member Gallery's

claimbuddy
September 18th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I need to create a site that allows it members to create "threads" which are actually galleries of photos. They will share and discuss the "thread"... all of the photos will be a part of the discussion instead of individual discussions per photo.

The "threads" will go into "Categories"

The threads will need to be private, except for authorized viewing/sharing between members.

Basically, groups of users will be authorized to view specific Categories, and, will set up subcriptions so that they are notified when a new "thread-gallery of photos" is created for their category.

Is this a doable project? Please estimate man hours required?

Thanks

Sharg
September 19th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I think what you want is user to be able to create personal albums and place them inside a category.....

So if you have a category "dog", you want your user to be able to create a personal album (with all customizable permission) called "mydog" inside the category ?

I think it is not possible with this product. It will allow you to create great personal albums, but not place them in the categories. I wish it could.

Sharg

PhoenixDown21
September 19th, 2005, 10:17 PM
If I understand your request correctly, your essentially trying to replicate something you may be doing now where members are uploading pics as attachments to forum threads.

You can replicate the forum catagory and thread look and feel pretty easilly right out of the box but its on a per pic level and not multi-pics per thread which might be a nice feature to have.

claimbuddy
September 20th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the input -

I guess I will write a requirement and try and find a developer to handle it for me. I was hoping it could be done with a customization of gallery. Nice software.

Brian
September 20th, 2005, 11:05 AM
From what you're describing, it sounds like you need your users to be able to comment on categories and combine multiple files in one group. There is no option to make replies to an entire category, but you can reply to individual files.

I think it is not possible with this product. It will allow you to create great personal albums, but not place them in the categories. I wish it could.
Yes, it is. You can set any category to allow your users to create sub-categories under.