View Full Version : Private Member Gallery's

September 18th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I need to create a site that allows it members to create "threads" which are actually galleries of photos. They will share and discuss the "thread"... all of the photos will be a part of the discussion instead of individual discussions per photo.

The "threads" will go into "Categories"

The threads will need to be private, except for authorized viewing/sharing between members.

Basically, groups of users will be authorized to view specific Categories, and, will set up subcriptions so that they are notified when a new "thread-gallery of photos" is created for their category.

Is this a doable project? Please estimate man hours required?

September 19th, 2005, 10:17 PM
If I understand your request correctly, your essentially trying to replicate something you may be doing now where members are uploading pics as attachments to forum threads.

You can replicate the forum catagory and thread look and feel pretty easilly right out of the box but its on a per pic level and not multi-pics per thread which might be a nice feature to have.

September 20th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the input -

I guess I will write a requirement and try and find a developer to handle it for me. I was hoping it could be done with a customization of gallery. Nice software.