PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

imported_Kamran
September 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Hi,

Iím interested in getting the VBGallery as feature solely for my subscribers usergroupÖI just wanted to double check that was possible?

I donít know much about installing so was planning on using the installation service. My main worry is when I upgrade the forums how difficult would it be for me to get the gallery working correctly again? I know in this (http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33&announcementid=3) thread it said follow the instructions in the readme file but Iím not sure how simple they would be.

If its simple like the Vbulletin upgrades then that should be fine but if it gets more complicated, I have a habit of screwing things up :)

Thanks.

Brian
September 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM
If you check the admin cp demo here then you'll see under the 'Usergroup Permissions' link that you can change the permissions and allow/disable features on a per-usergroup basis, so that shouldn't be a problem to enable it only for your subscribers.
Upgrades for the gallery are about the same as upgrades for vB. You upload the new files, re-apply any file changes (if you have made any, though none are necessary), and then run the upgrade script.