PDA

View Full Version : Buying the installation ..

Wyrd
August 29th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I have purchased the VBAdvanced Gallery (last Thursday to be exact) but my web guru has gone on a bit of a vacation and I'm finding that I want to go ahead and get this installed and $15 doesn't seem all that out there for me at the moment.

Anyhow, once I give you all the information to get onto the site, the backend and all that jazz, can you installed the GD library or the ImageMagick along with the actual gallery itself?

How long before installation from the time of purchasing the service to completion generally?

Also, I'm using vbadvanced CMPS (lovely program), will you make all the necessary updates to the php files to create the section in the control panel and update the link on the site (have a button overhead for Gallery).

Still learning this stuff, but I figure better safe than sorry when it comes to installing this. I'll make the purchase as soon as I know a bit more!

Thanks.

Zachery
August 29th, 2005, 11:34 AM
IM or GD is not part of the installation. Do you own/rent a full server? Or are you just a user from a webhost?

Wyrd
August 29th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Gaah!

:D

I'm currently getting my hosting from ASO (A Small Orange) and I am sharing a server. I'm currently on the 'small' plan at the moment but will be moving up to one of the other plans here in the near future.

Options?

http://www.asmallorange.com/services/hosting/

Zachery
August 29th, 2005, 12:28 PM
ASO should have both IM and GD installed :) you should have no worries.

Wyrd
August 29th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks Zach, actually I just got off doing a bunch of e-mails with them and as you said - no worries.

So, now that that is cleared - how about the rest of the curiosities above?

Zachery
August 29th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Depend on your method of purchase (paypal direct funds or echeck) will result in the time to install, typicaly 24-48 hours after its in the system will the install go though pending other tickets ahead of you.

We will take the time to preform the install and do the file & template edits where nessary. Anything beyond that is up to you, or for you to work out with the person doing the install.

Wyrd
August 29th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks Zach.

Already purchased it. Payed directly from paypal, instant funds. I put in my extrodinary plea of ignorance in there and hope someone takes pitty.

Gawd I can't wait to have it installed now!

Wyrd
August 30th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop a line in here and let folks know that I have had an excellent experience with vbadvanced and particuarly Zachery who setup and went above and beyond to get the Gallery software running on my website.

Overall - took less than 24 hours from time of purchase to having it installed and I was kept informed everyone point of the way.

If your short on time, or experience (like myself) $15 is well worth experience.