PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Galleries

Neil Washbrook
August 7th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I currently have my forums running on forums.mydomain.com and would wish to have two versions of the gallery, one running on gallery.mydomain.com and a second running on library.mydomain.com but all sharing the same database and kembership list. Physically the will be on the same box (win2003 server) just running under different instances of the web server

Can this be done? I forsee issue with table names. Of course I would expect 2 licence fees :)

mholtum
August 7th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Now that sounds cool.

Brian
August 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM
It would be possible, but you would run into some problems with the table names. If you just did a case sensitive find/replace on adv_gallery/adv_library that should take care of the table names. Then you would need to copy the /forum/includes/adminfunctions_gallery.php, functions_gallery.php, and functions_gallery_imageedit.php files, rename them to adminfunctions_library.php, functions_library.php, and functions_library_imageedit.php. Then just search through the files and replace any references to those three files.

Neil Washbrook
August 13th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the response - does not sound to bad a set of changes to make. Whats the licence implications? I assume two licences would be required

Brian
August 14th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Yes, that would require two licenses. You are allowed to have a 'test' installation running though, so of course you can make your changes, play with things, and then purchase the second license once you've got everything working the way you would like.