PDA

View Full Version : mass upload

Hoof
July 1st, 2005, 12:05 AM
Hi guys I have a question to see if vba would fit my needs. Is it possible to do mass uploads all at once? I have many folders on my hard drive, some with hundreds of images in them. Is it possible to upload each folder into its own category in just a matter of clicks? I would be a real pain to have to upload hundreds of images one by one.

mholtum
July 1st, 2005, 12:06 AM
You can ftp them to your server and then process them in batches.

Brian
July 1st, 2005, 12:06 AM
You can't upload the folders, but you can upload the images into a folder, then there is an option where you can mass process all of the images in that folder and it will then add them to the database and move them to the proper folder.

Hoof
July 1st, 2005, 12:31 AM
Ok that'll work thanks a lot guys.

imported_Val
August 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM
You can't upload the folders, but you can upload the images into a folder, then there is an option where you can mass process all of the images in that folder and it will then add them to the database and move them to the proper folder.

Where is this option located? I can't find this anywhere. In the admincp section? Thanks in advance.

twitch
August 9th, 2005, 09:24 PM
very important option

ConqSoft
August 9th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Where is this option located? I can't find this anywhere. In the admincp section? Thanks in advance.

Check to see where you have your "users" directory pointed (Gallery AdminCP). Defaults to /gallery/users I think.

Create a directory under that named your userid. So, if your vBulletin userid is 1, create a directory named 1 under the Users Directory you have defined. (/gallery/users/1)

FTP the images into that directory.

When you go to the upload screen, at the bottom you should see the checkbox to upload images from the server. If you don't see that option, check your Admin usergroup permissions in the Gallery AdminCP and make sure the permission that allows uploading from the server is set.

twitch
August 9th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the info. That works fine for me but I was hoping there would be a box to put in the name of the folder you want to grab the pictures from instead of having to create specifically in the users directory with the users ID#

Not gonna stop me from purchasing a license because this seems like the most integrated option and have also agreed to help me import my gallery menalto.

Machine
September 30th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Been having probs with server uploads. If I use another user ID, I get the no permissions message even though all permissions have been set for that user/group in both VC and VBA settings.
If I use my superuser (1) I get the

An error occurred while attempting to create a folder for your files. If the problem persists, please notify the webmaster

I've created the directory, /gallery/users/1 and uploaded the pics but just cant get the damn thing to upload from server. Any ideas guys?

KW802
September 30th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Machine,

/gallery/users/{userid} is where the pictures will be upload from. When the pictures are upload they'll go to /gallery/files/{userid} -- Make sure that your /gallery/files folder has been chmod'ed to 777 so that it can create new sub-folders on the fly as needed.