PDA

View Full Version : Gallery integration questions

retro
June 14th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I am currently doing a total revamp of a site, and am thinking of recommending VBA gallery for this. However, I have a couple of questions regarding my specific requirements. First, the requirements:

Site Requirements
The site has a main page, a gallery and a forum, all of which are integrated
Gallery stats appear on the front page (e.g. latest pictures and newest members)
Users of a particular level (let's call them Posters) are able to upload their own images
User uploaded images must be approved by an Administrator
Each 'poster' has their own gallery
The view in the gallery site is picture based, not text based (from the sample gallery, I see the galleries are listed like a forum. I want them to simply be a picture with the member's name underneath)

From what I can make out, most of these requirements are achievable.

Questions
Does VBA Gallery integrate with VBA CMPS?
If so, am I able to put my gallery stats (e.g. latest 5 pictures) on the front page (not site.com/gallery, but site.com itself)?
As I mentioned, I will have a particular group of user (e.g. 'poster') that can upload pictures. Can I have an automatic listing on my gallery page of the newest users of that group, much like I can with newest pictures?
Can I change the view of my main gallery page, so instead of a list view, I have a thumbnail for each gallery, with the user name under the thumbnail? (here (http://www.pbase.com/gschmickle/root) is a random example from Pbase, not my gallery but you get the idea!)

PhoenixDown21
June 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM
1. Seperate products but don't sweat that little detail.
2. Yes there is a module here that lets you show the latest 5 pics on your frontpage.
3. Not sure, may need a bit of hacking....
4. Yeah you can accomplish the same with template edits and gallery options.

I deffinitely recommend the script, you wont be disappointed.