PDA

View Full Version : vBa with vB 3.5

new-guy
June 7th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I already purchased vBa and have it all setup/running and integrated with vB so this isn't really a pre-sales question, but this seemed like the best place to ask this question.

How will the upgrade from vB 3.07 to vB 3.5 affect the integration of the two programs? Will I have to disable vBa until you have an upgrade written for 3.5? Or does vB work with their ISV's by giving them pre-release copies so you can time your updates with theirs?

At the very least, all the changes I made to vB3.07 to make it work with vBa will have to be re-implemented when I upgrade to 3.5, won't they?

BTW, vBa is great, I really love the features and how it integrates so well with vB.

ConqSoft
June 7th, 2005, 02:12 PM
vB 3.5 public beta will begin soon, and I would guess at that time Brian would run it on a test server somewhere and start porting his applications. Then, hopefully, it'll all be done by the time 3.5 gets through the RCs and makes it to Gold.

Brian
June 7th, 2005, 02:13 PM
vBa products will have to be updated to work with 3.5, so you will either have to wait to update to 3.5, or do without vBa products until they are updated for 3.5 if you upgrade immediately.

kall
June 7th, 2005, 04:35 PM
vBa products will have to be updated to work with 3.5, so you will either have to wait to update to 3.5, or do without vBa products until they are updated for 3.5 if you upgrade immediately.
...or run 3.5 in Legacy mode. ;) (The mode that will apparently allow you to use your old hacks, but presumably not all the 3.5 features).

imported_Kaelon
June 27th, 2005, 04:36 PM
...or run 3.5 in Legacy mode. ;) (The mode that will apparently allow you to use your old hacks, but presumably not all the 3.5 features).

A massive understatement. With Legacy Mode, you enjoy almost none of the enhancements - most importantly, the performance upgrades.

Snitz
July 6th, 2005, 02:27 PM
so basically, when we upgrade to 3.5 (full when it comes out) we will have to disable the gallery till you guys upgrade it to work with 3.5 right?