PDA

View Full Version : vB Member Galleries

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 09:20 AM
I currently use vB 3.07 on my site. I want to add photo gallery software for my members. I just want to verify that vBa will satisfy my list of requirements.

1) All current vB members will be able to post photos when vBa is added to vB.

2) Current vB members can add text descriptions to each photo in their own gallery.

3) As an admin I can limit the file size of each photo.

4) As an admin I can limit the total size of each gallery.

5) Each vB member that created a photo gallery would automatically get a link under their member-name on each vB forum post they make, or in their profile, that would bring you to their specific gallery. The link does not need to be static, I don't care if it has ? symbols in it, it just needs to be something that's associated with a vB forum member that users can click on to easily view a specific members galleries.

From what I have read in this forum, it looks like 1-4 is possible, but how about #5?

ConqSoft
June 6th, 2005, 09:22 AM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) There are hacks available here in the Gallery Hacks forum to add this functionality.

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 11:22 AM
5) There are hacks available here in the Gallery Hacks forum to add this functionality.

Is there anyway I can see how this is done? I went to the Gallery Hacks, but I am blocked from viewing the information.

I'm happy to pay for the software, I just need to know how (#5 above) would be accomplished and how complicated it is, as I don't usually hack vB or software in general.

Thanks in advance.

ConqSoft
June 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37217

Click my name and you'll see a link to my gallery in the dropdown. I also have the link on the profile page, but guests can't see that.

They're both simple Template hacks in vB, and I'm the one who posted them here. ;)

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Sa-weeeet!! That is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to purchase your software shortly. After I do, can I PM you to get the link for how you hacked the vB 'pop-up' menu that says 'Visit CongSofts Gallery' and opens a new window that brings the user to your specific gallery? That is EXACTLY what I need.

Or once I purchase will my account automatically have access to those hacks?

Double sa-weeet hack!

ConqSoft
June 6th, 2005, 11:46 AM
It's not my software, but I'm sure Brian will be happy you're buying.

Here's the link: http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5432

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 11:58 AM
It's not my software, but I'm sure Brian will be happy you're buying.

Oh, well do you have an affiliate link or something? I'd like for you to get at least a little something for helping the newbie :)

Here's the link: http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5432

Thank you for the link

ConqSoft
June 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Nope, no affiliate links. You can tell Brian to apply part of it toward the $1k "Tester" fee that I owe him.

Brian
June 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM
LOL! You seem to be forgetting about the penalties and interest, which are adding up rather quickly. :p

new-guy
June 6th, 2005, 01:51 PM
OK, I purchased the software (maybe Brian will forgive the interest and penalties ;) ) and I am now able to read the tutorial for the hack I need. I have one more newbie question and then I will leave you alone:

What the heck is a postbit template... and where would I find it?

Brian
June 7th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Go to your Style Manager in your Admin CP and click on the << >> button next to the style you want to edit. The in the select box, scroll down until you see 'Postbit Templates', double click on that to expand the list, and you will see your postbit template.

new-guy
June 7th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the help, I got it working... I even implemented CongSoft's member gallery hack. Not bad for a newbie!

Great piece of software you have written.