View Full Version : gif = invalid file type & imagebit flags are ignored
April 6th, 2005, 04:00 PM
1) I have gif files enabled as a filetype, but I get an "invalid file type" error when I try to upload it. Jpeg's (.jpg) are also enabled and they upload just fine. I've tried .GIF and .gif, but both give me the error. Haven't tried the other extensions yet.
2) Also, I unchecked the imagebit flags for category and username (under Modify Settings), but they still show up when I upload an image. How do I change what info is displayed below the thumbnails, I though this was it?
** Update, I was changing the imagebit flags in the wrong section. I'm an idiot. #2 is fine. :o
RC4 on 3.07
April 6th, 2005, 04:03 PM
1) All GIFs, or just some GIFs? If you're using GD, is it a recent version of GD that has GIF support?
2) Do you mean on the upload screen, where it prompts you to enter those fields? If so, there are no options that I am aware of to turn off those entry fields. The options you saw determine the fields that are shown when viewing the image/thumbnail.
April 6th, 2005, 04:13 PM
1) Only tried one gif so far. GD 2.0.22 w/ gif read & create enabled.
2) When viewing the image/thumbnail, I didn't want to show the username or category since at the moment members can only upload to their own member category (thus the username and category are pretty obvious). Just trying to tidy it up a bit, but unchecking those flags didn't work.
April 6th, 2005, 04:14 PM
2) Category only appears to be an option for the thumbnails shown on the Index, and turning it off does make it disappear on the thumbnails there. In the other section of thumbnail fieldbits, it's not listed. Not sure about the username; it disappears on mine (both places) if I turn it off.
April 6th, 2005, 04:23 PM
If you'd like to submit a support ticket I'll be glad to take a look at both problems.
April 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Which set of imagebits are you changing? The first set affects the main gallery index ONLY. The other section is for browsing categories...
April 6th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Ahh, I see. I'm an idiot, I was changing the wrong section :rolleyes: Disregard #2
April 6th, 2005, 04:40 PM
For the gif problem, you should try uploading a few different gif files. If none work, then your host does not have the imagegif() and/or imagecreatefromgif() functions in GD enabled.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.