PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid of bandwidth

hollyboy
March 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I am currently having some html pages where I manually add the pics of the members. The pages are stored on another server (free) so to save the bandwidth.

I'm tired to create the pages with the pics manually because the members of my forums are pretty a lot (1.400) and they often want the picture to be changes.

So I am planning to use the gallery of vB Advanced gallery.

The only thing is that I'm afraid that having the pictures on the same server of my forum would cause me a huge use of bandwidth (till now I used 8 of my 25 monthly gb of bandwidth)

What do u tihnk?

KW802
March 11th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Your BW will definitely go up but nobody can say by how much because that depends upon how many images your members will be viewing.

hollyboy
March 12th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Mmmm......
can I let the users upload the images on another server?

Brian
March 12th, 2005, 09:21 AM
They must be on the same server as your vBulletin installation.

Alderwazeh
March 14th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Some of the hoster company accumalte your BW as a credite ..I have a hoster which gave me 50 geg .. I used only 10 when I started ..now they have offered me an acumulation of 145geg BW... if you are planning to use such an intensive image processing then you have to think of getting a sophistecated hoster ..it depends merely in your future demands and plans.. but this gallery business I would say although it gives your site a new modern frontier it also demands powerful computing capacity ..GL

zigx
March 28th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Host the pics on the free server but host everything else on the main server... i dunno if thats possible, but if u were storing to a DB u could do it im sure.