PDA

View Full Version : Before I commit to vBa?

kyzen
March 10th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm damn happy with vBa, I love it and want to have it's babies. That being said, the only thing I have to gripe about is the lack of a simple content creation manager :( I'll probably have to use something like THIS (http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4552), but I would rather something written by Brian (obviously :p) what gallery is for image management, I would like something similar for content management.

Before I buy vBa Gallery, I would just like to know if there are any plans to make a real CMS addon for vBa? So I can add multipage news and reviews etc? Without having to carryout the tedious task of making templates everytime I wanna add some custom content.

Cheers lovies!

cinq
March 10th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Am not really sure what kind of a content manager you require, but you might want to give my vbArticles hack a try. It's free, you've got nothing to lose. In the meantime at least, till Brian whips something up :D

kyzen
March 10th, 2005, 06:30 AM
one question... is it sexy :p

cinq
March 10th, 2005, 06:32 AM
You'd have to be the judge of that.
But I am though, doesn't that count ?

Brian
March 10th, 2005, 08:30 AM
That depends on what exactly you mean by "real CMS". I can say that 2.0 will be much easier to use and will have quite a few new features and options, but most modules will still rely on the use of templates. We do, however, have some new features that will make it much easier to share and add new modules in the next version.