PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow option?

dboogie2288
March 1st, 2005, 11:43 PM
is there a hack/addon to the VBA gallery that allows for an animated slide show of pictures? This would truely be the decision maker for me, i've been contemplating this purchase for a few weeks now (60 bux is a big investment!) so I want to be *sure* that this is the right thing for me. Bought VBA links, and I like it alot, hopefully the gallery will also suit my needs....

KW802
March 2nd, 2005, 12:00 AM
Have you checked out the demo yet? http://vbadvanced.com/gallery ;)

For an example slide show try here: http://www.vbadvanced.com/gallery/misc.php?do=slideshow&catid=5

mholtum
March 2nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
Is that option off by default? How to access?

KW802
March 2nd, 2005, 12:38 AM
I don't recall there being an option to turn it off & on (though it's late at night and I'm half-asleep) but to use it.... while viewing a category's contents choose Category Tools --> View Slide Show.

dboogie2288
March 2nd, 2005, 01:16 AM
Ok cool...one of those little features I missed. Ok, so heres another question, how about albums? Ie: Category > Album (for instance a particular Ride) > all the photos for that ride.

mholtum
March 2nd, 2005, 02:41 AM
Well duh! Thanks.

KW802
March 2nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Ok cool...one of those little features I missed. Ok, so heres another question, how about albums? Ie: Category > Album (for instance a particular Ride) > all the photos for that ride.Have an example site you have in mind with that feature so I can take a look at it? I'd be hesitant to say "no" without making sure I'm understanding what it does. If you're looking for a particular "ride" I think the closest you're going to come is by doing a keyword search.

dboogie2288
March 2nd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Have an example site you have in mind with that feature so I can take a look at it? I'd be hesitant to say "no" without making sure I'm understanding what it does. If you're looking for a particular "ride" I think the closest you're going to come is by doing a keyword search.

Ok, I knew at the time I would have some problems in my wording.

I guess the easiest way to explain what I would like, is to have a Category, say for instance, "Trip Photos" and then inside that category, users would be able to create an "album" with their trip name and date on it...for example, "Texas Hill Ride 3/05" and inside they could post a variety of relative photos to that particular ride. Simply cutting down the clutter, and providing a lot of organization is what I'm looking for.

ConqSoft
March 2nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
Ok, I knew at the time I would have some problems in my wording.

I guess the easiest way to explain what I would like, is to have a Category, say for instance, "Trip Photos" and then inside that category, users would be able to create an "album" with their trip name and date on it...for example, "Texas Hill Ride 3/05" and inside they could post a variety of relative photos to that particular ride. Simply cutting down the clutter, and providing a lot of organization is what I'm looking for.

Create a Category called Trip Photos, and set it to allow your users to create sub-categories. (It's an option on the category properties screen.) You can limit how many categories users can create also.

ConqSoft
March 2nd, 2005, 11:38 AM
You can also create a category and set it as a "Member's Category", where it will automatically put any images they upload into a sub-category named their username.

dboogie2288
March 2nd, 2005, 11:54 AM
Create a Category called Trip Photos, and set it to allow your users to create sub-categories. (It's an option on the category properties screen.) You can limit how many categories users can create also.

I think I'm sold. Last question, can a viewer select a username and find all the photos they have uploaded?

Brian
March 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.vbadvanced.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=196&c=5

Click on the 'View all of Brian's images' link. ;)

ConqSoft
March 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
Or you can go to the Gallery Search screen and enter their name there.

ConqSoft
March 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM

I forgot to add that even with that setting turned on, you can still limit which users can create categories based on their usergroup permissions.