PDA

View Full Version : Highest rated photos on forum home (not CMPS)

vissa
February 11th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Title kind of says it all, but basically I want the top 5 or 6 rated photos to show up on my forum home above the forum categories... Is this possible right now? If not top rated, how about most recent or just random? This may be the clincher for me because I know photopost supports something like this... With vBGallery really being a PART of vbulletin, it should have features like this.

-V

vissa
February 15th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Is there a reason my last 2 posts, requests in PMs, etc regarding this issue are not being addressed? I was heavily leaning towards vbGallery for 3 installations, but am unsure now due to the lack of response on this subject in several posts by myself and others users, and via pm. Other issues have been addressed (thank you), but this one seems to be avoided.

-V

ConqSoft
February 15th, 2005, 06:25 PM
This would require a hack.... There's a hack to add images to the CMPS, so you should be able to modify it to work on the forum home.

Brian
February 15th, 2005, 06:29 PM
That's not something that would be very hard to do, but I haven't had time to create one yet. As ConqSoft said though, it wouldn't be very hard to modify the one for the CMPS for someone that knows just a little PHP.

vissa
February 15th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Thank you for answering my question. Is there any chance someone could add that hack soon?

-V

Brian
February 15th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I'll see if I can throw something together tonight or tomorrow. From looking at Kevin's hack from the CMPS, it looks like it would require about 3 changes to make it work on the forum instead.

vissa
February 20th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Any update on this?

-V

Brian
February 20th, 2005, 10:43 AM
http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5800 :)

vissa
February 20th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Thank you very much. I cannot reply in that post yet because I don't have "permission." (guess you have to be a customer?).

Is there any way to make it the last 5 uploaded images, or even better, the 5 highest rated images? I would prefer this to random because random will cause an increase in traffic with the photos constantly changing, wheras highest 5 rated should be pretty stable. There could even be something that updates once per day so as not to add queries to each page load.

-V

ConqSoft
February 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Thank you very much. I cannot reply in that post yet because I don't have "permission." (guess you have to be a customer?).

Is there any way to make it the last 5 uploaded images, or even better, the 5 highest rated images? I would prefer this to random because random will cause an increase in traffic with the photos constantly changing, wheras highest 5 rated should be pretty stable. There could even be something that updates once per day so as not to add queries to each page load.

-V

Yes, that's what this part of the code is for:

// The order you would like to pull the images in.
// Enter 1 for newest, 2 for most viewed, 3 for most comments, 4 for highest rated, 5 for random.

$galleryorderby = 5;