PDA

View Full Version : member categories

vissa
February 11th, 2005, 01:56 AM
With the newest version, is there an easy way to have each member's uploads go into their own album? I want a member-centric system where each member has an album under their own name, and can also create sub-albums with their main album if they so choose. I do not want users to be able to create albums outside the one with their name.

-V

ymeaga1n
February 11th, 2005, 04:12 AM
You set the catogories, only you can create those. Every member gets there own album which they upload to, and I do believe that people can create sub-albums under there name.

Brian
February 14th, 2005, 01:24 PM
You can set any category that you would like as a "Members Category". Then any images uploaded to that category will automatically be placed in a sub-category named after that user's username. Any categories the user creates in that category will also show up under their name as well.

vissa
February 14th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Brian,

Thank you so much for your reply. The only thing holding me (and probably other users) back at the moment is a feature that shows the 5/6 most recent, most viewed, or highest rated photos on the forum homepage. I think that's a feature everyone that doesn't run CMPS wants... There are several raging discussions about it on this forum. Can you kindly let us know if that is forthcoming or something that is easy to do?

Regards,
Victor

KW802
April 4th, 2005, 03:08 PM
[Thread split to http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6958 ]

Vissa, since your last post Brian has released a forumhome hack to display images on vB's forum home. :)