PDA

View Full Version : Gallery for each user

pwaring
January 20th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I've had at look at the gallery script because a few of my forum members have requested such a feature, but what I want is for each user to have their own gallery area, beneath which they can create their own categories without me (as the admin) having to do any of this for them.

Is it possible (and preferably easy) to do this? I really don't want to have to create a gallery for each user manually or have to add categories each time they want a new album.

ConqSoft
January 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM
When RC3 is released, it will have this feature.

Brian
January 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
It already has an option where you can specify certain categories to allow users to create their own sub-categories. RC3 will also include an option where you can allow users to upload to a certain category(ies) and it will automatically put their images in a folder based on their username.

pwaring
January 20th, 2005, 10:25 AM
How long is it likely to be before RC3 is out, and will be the price be the same as it is now? I know it's difficult to estimate release dates but I don't want to wait around for ages if it's not going to be out for a long time.

ConqSoft
January 20th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Here's some info on RC3:

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23351&postcount=27

HappyPike
January 21st, 2005, 12:18 AM
How long is it likely to be before RC3 is out, and will be the price be the same as it is now?
I certain hope Brian doesn't raise the price anytime soon. I was over at Invision Gallery (http://www.invisiongallery.com/index.cgi?newfeatures) the other day and found out that they charge their gallery script $65, about 1/3 the price of their forum script. I don't think that gallery works with vBulletin but still...

The current $59.99 price is the right price IMO. ;)

pwaring
January 21st, 2005, 02:57 AM
Well, for what it does the price probably is right, and it has a lot of features I want. The only thing that's stopping me using it really is one missing feature - but unfortunately that particular feature is critical for where I want to take my site...

Brian
January 21st, 2005, 09:49 AM
How long is it likely to be before RC3 is out, and will be the price be the same as it is now? I know it's difficult to estimate release dates but I don't want to wait around for ages if it's not going to be out for a long time.
RC3 should be out this month, and the price will not increase until 1.0.0 is released.

crash resistant
January 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM
If I buy now, will I have to pay again or extra for 1.0? And will I still own a lisence?

Brian
January 21st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Your license grants you access to the Members' Area here for one year after the date of purchase and you are allowed to download any new versions that are released within that year, then there is a small fee to renew your access once that year is up.

pwaring
January 21st, 2005, 03:19 PM
So if 1.0 is released within a year of RC3 we'll effectively get it for free? :)

Brian
January 21st, 2005, 03:20 PM
Yes. :)

ConqSoft
January 21st, 2005, 03:34 PM
Just for grins, what happens if v1.0 isn't released until over a year from the time I purchased RC1. Would I still be entitled to v1.0 "Gold" without paying additional?

Brian
January 21st, 2005, 06:25 PM
1.0 will be released well before a year is up.

pwaring
January 25th, 2005, 11:47 AM
How can I be informed when RC3 is released? Is there a mailing list or should I just subscribe to the annoucements forum?

Brian
January 26th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Subscribing to the announcements forum would be the best.