PDA

View Full Version : Users and galleries

Semere
January 19th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Brian,
I was just wondering is it possible for users to have say public pictures and then to make their own secure gallery with this script? Does it allow for the user to give other users the ability to see the gallery or is it done via a password type thing?

robert_2004
January 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
you can easily set up multiple sub-categories for a member (or they can) then the mod/admin can setup passwords for any directory (not sure if a member can set one themselves).
you can also hide sub-categories (galleries) so you can only go to it if you know the link.

hope that helps.

Brian
January 19th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Currently it allows for them to choose whether other users will be able to view the cateogory, but that's the only option the users have. You can, however, set category permissions and choose which usergroups will be allowed to view those categories. There will also be an option in RC3 to allow users to password protect their categories.

Semere
January 19th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Ah yes that is what I am looking for. The ability for users to make their own categories priavte if they want to. I also want them to be able to manage the security through some sort of linking system where users can ask for access to the private gallery and the original user can grant or deny it. The other option would be password management type thing.

Semere
January 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Personally it would be nice to see my first suggestion only because it provides more secure management of galleries. That way you don't have to worry about your password being shared without your knowledge. Let me know what you think. ;-)