PDA

View Full Version : GD Lib and ImageMagick

xide
January 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I'd really like to buy the gallery script, but when I attempted to install GD lib or Imagemagick the directions are no where to be found. Is there an easy way to install either of these? I'm so confused.

Maybe I over looked, but there doesn't seem to be a package that I can just upload to my site and install. If anyone knows an easy way to install either of these please let me know. Any help is very much appricated.

Brian
January 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Do you have root access to the server? Both require root access, but you should be able to get your host to install at least GD, if not both.

mholtum
January 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
ask your host to do it for you.

ConqSoft
January 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
And most likely, GD is compiled in with PHP on your server....

xide
January 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I just called my host and i'm not sure if it was just the person I talked to or what, but he had no idea what I was talking about. He basically confirmed that it's not installed and that was it. He wouldn't install it for me. What should I do? What exactly should I say to them?

ConqSoft
January 11th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Do you have thumbnails working for your image attachments in vB?

xide
January 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Yes I do.

ConqSoft
January 11th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Then that means GD is already on your server....

EDIT: Though, I'd be worried if my host didn't know what GD or IM was. :D

xide
January 11th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Thank you so very much. I thought I was going to go insane trying to do this. Thanks again for your help!

Brian
January 11th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Yea... If they don't even know what GD or ImageMagick is, I would find a new host.