PDA

View Full Version : Is the Gallery a good solution for me?

Theater
December 24th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Hello,

I own and operate a decently sized community with more people registering everyday. At the present time we have over 28,000+ registered members with our attachments placed in file storage mode which houses 26,000+ attachments totalling over 10.5 Gb.

The reason I'm looking at purchasing this Gallery addon and switching from vBindex to vBadvanced is to keep the site more organized. I am finding that there have been many reposts of the same image for example, so it would be nice to have that aspect of the site more organized.

Given that information do you think that the Gallery addon would be a good solution for me. If so, could you answer my additional questions below please?

1) How can I import current attachments from my site into the Gallery?
2) How can I separate the images from the video clips?
3) Is there a way to let paying sponsors showcase their new releases on the main gallery page?

Thank you,

Theater
December 24th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Seems that I can't edit my post. :(

Another question: Would there be a way I could separate the Images for example into their own category assuming I can import the images from the current file system.

Theater
December 25th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Yes...no, maybe? :p

Brian
December 25th, 2004, 10:17 PM
1) How can I import current attachments from my site into the Gallery?
There's not currently a way to import attachments into the gallery.

2) How can I separate the images from the video clips?
There is an option to enable/disable file extensions on a per-category basis, so you would be able to only allow for images/videos in the category(ies) you specify.

3) Is there a way to let paying sponsors showcase their new releases on the main gallery page?
You can show new images on your homepage, but there's not an option to only pull images from a certain usergroup.